bobajob

Posting Awards

Speeding 30-50 Over On 401

by: bobajob on

Hello ,

A bit of advise.

I have no prior tickets (although I had a minor turning one over 3 years ago)

I got a HTA 128 for Speeding 144 in a 100

The OPP said that they had a car camera and when he came to the window he had a recording device which he advised me off.

I've been on antibiotics for a few days and I had bad cramps and I thought I was going to soil myself,

I did say I coulndt really hear him as I had an ear infection, though I didnt say abut the cramps,

TBH, Never been stopped before, and I was stressed and a bit scared.

If I go for a meet with the prosecutor, what usually happens ? Would they reduce the points to the next level down, or alltogether.

re: insurance, there was a few threads I've seen, about wether the ammount of points matters as opposed to the the conviction.

so if I get 4 points as opposed to 3 points will I still get a big hike? Or even no points ?

Do you have to advise your insurance company when you get a conviction or not? (I'm copying below something I read)

If I don't tell them and I'm in an accident will I get in even worse trouble.

"One big disadvantage is that you will certainly get a premium increase on renewal if you notify them of the conviction but if you dont, you may get the premium increase one year later or more, because insurance companies do NOT check your conviction record every year on renewal, because they have to pay to check your records, hence, depending on insurance companies, most may only check it once every 2 years."

Many thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------
* NO you cant touch your phone
* Speeding is speeding
* Challenge every ticket
* Impaired driving, you should be locked up UNDER the jail
iFly55

Posting Awards

by: iFly55 on

You will most likely get knocked down to the 3 demerit point bracket (+16km/hr to +30km/hr).

Every Insurance company is different: speeding can be categorize as minor, major or serious. The IBC brochure has an example http://www.ibc.ca/en/car_insurance/docu ... re_eng.pdf

Serious: +50km/hr

Major: Speeding in Community Safety Zone

Minor: All other speeding

But your insurance company could consider +30km/hr serious, and etc...

They don't care about the points, but rather what the specific speed is. You do not need to inform your insurance company that you received a ticket or a conviction, they have to figure that out. Unfortunately, they might pro-rate you for the months they failed to get additional premiums from you.

If you've had a clean record since forever, and haven't made any changes to your policy... your insurance company is less likely to check your driving history.

bobajob

Posting Awards

by: bobajob on

ifly...

Thank you SOOO much for your prompt reply.

Thanks on the points confirmation, so really it's as you say the conviction and getting it down to the 3 demerit point bracket

Which may be concidered as a minor.

I'm also a bit pissed of becuase my car is a junker I was hoping to get rid of in the next few months and buy a new car.

I thought I read some where they can't pro-rate? But I dont know.

Any thoughts on the plea bargaining myself as opposed to getting a para-legal firm to do it,

from what I can see, they will charge me anyway plus I still pay the fine? 400'ish plus anothe 200'ish

where as if I plea myself, I'll only need to pay the fine,

it's a bit of a *EDIT* shoot from what I'm reading, really its needs to get thrown out, which I doubt,

becuase unless that happens I still have a conviction. So at the end of the day a 3rd party unless they "can do something" is no real way better than if I go.

thanks you again

much appreciated

spent most of the day googling "speed related sites" and now my head hurts !

iFly55 wrote:You will most likely get knocked down to the 3 demerit point bracket (+16km/hr to +30km/hr).

Every Insurance company is different: speeding can be categorize as minor, major or serious. The IBC brochure has an example http://www.ibc.ca/en/car_insurance/docu ... re_eng.pdf

Serious: +50km/hr

Major: Speeding in Community Safety Zone

Minor: All other speeding

But your insurance company could consider +30km/hr serious, and etc...

They don't care about the points, but rather what the specific speed is. You do not need to inform your insurance company that you received a ticket or a conviction, they have to figure that out. Unfortunately, they might pro-rate you for the months they failed to get additional premiums from you.

If you've had a clean record since forever, and haven't made any changes to your policy... your insurance company is less likely to check your driving history.

--------------------------------------------------------------
* NO you cant touch your phone
* Speeding is speeding
* Challenge every ticket
* Impaired driving, you should be locked up UNDER the jail
Post a Reply