rpk1995

Speeding 139 On 100 On Hwy400

by: rpk1995 on

I just have been charged with speeding 139 in 100 zone. I am confident that i was going only 125, the officer even said he is not allowed to lower charges. I immediately slowed down when I saw the squad car and believe the cop is guessing how fast I was going. Please help. Thanks

EphOph

by: EphOph on

What did you say to the police officer? Did you admit that you were going 125? If you did then you are out of luck. It is a common tactic of police to accuse you of going faster then you were in order to get you to admit to speeding. Even if you are only speeding by 1 km/h, if you admit that to the court or the police you will be convicted of whatever speed you were charged with.

Of course you should still choose option 3 and then request disclosure once you get your trial date. At the very least you should be able to get a reduction from the prosecutor.

bobajob

Posting Awards

by: bobajob on

DUDE this exact thing happened to me.

Now in my case, YES i was speeding, actually I was lane changing as I was late for work.

the LEO told me I was doing 149, now then (years ago) my 12yr POS Neon weaving in and out of traffic was no-where NEAR that,

when he got behind my and I saw him, my speed was a little over 120.

I didnt admit to speeding, but your right, this happens.

EphOph wrote:What did you say to the police officer? Did you admit that you were going 125? If you did then you are out of luck. It is a common tactic of police to accuse you of going faster then you were in order to get you to admit to speeding. Even if you are only speeding by 1 km/h, if you admit that to the court or the police you will be convicted of whatever speed you were charged with.

Of course you should still choose option 3 and then request disclosure once you get your trial date. At the very least you should be able to get a reduction from the prosecutor.

--------------------------------------------------------------
* NO you cant touch your phone
* Speeding is speeding
* Challenge every ticket
* Impaired driving, you should be locked up UNDER the jail
Post a Reply