tdrive2

by: tdrive2 on

In all honesty about the video the officer has no reason to falsify your ticket.

Nicer ones might reduce it a little bit. Lets say your 31 over he might put it to 29 over and save you a demerit point and a bit of money.

But the officer is not going to lie what speed you were going.

The officer does not get any more or less money or get any less or more time on the shift because of this ticket. It in no way effects him. It isnt really something i would worry about.

If the officer was caught lying and had the ticket more then what was actually clocked i am sure that would look bad and he would get alot of heat on him.

Alot of officers will also give you 5-10 km/h over the speed limit for this anyways.

On the 400 series in the GTA you usually wont get a ticket unless your going over 130.

120 almost never. 130 if he has time. If you start pushing it over 160 and 170 your guaranteed to get pulled over. Even at just over 150 he might give you a 49 over. But once you pass 160 they will most likely tow your car.

hwybear

Posting Awards

by: hwybear on

tdrive2 - good points right on the money!

Don't try that 30over stuff west of London!

Our shift did an intercept program last week, we were stopping vehicles at 120km+ and only had 14 stops in an hour and 20 minutes. Waiting quite a bit...which is a good thing.

Our program was also set up as to avoid detection and flashing of headlights by the traffic going the other way. So it was completely truthful gauge of traffic speed.

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
Reflections

by: Reflections on

It still remains that in the GTA 130 is not a regular ticket, just cruising speed. There is one set of rules for all of Ontario, just different enforcement. And seeing as we are "taught", cough, cough, to do as others do on the road...there is no true answer....

http://www.OHTA.ca OR http://www.OntarioTrafficAct.com
hwybear

Posting Awards

Reflections wrote:It still remains that in the GTA 130 is not a regular ticket, just cruising speed. ....

I never been able to go that speed there.....everytime I go through it is usually 0-50kmhr....I don`t know how people do that commute every day. I have 1.7km from door to office.

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
Reflections

by: Reflections on

Anytime after 7:00 pm and on to 6:00am on the 407. Most week nights between 8:00 and 5:30 am on the QEW and 403/410.......

http://www.OHTA.ca OR http://www.OntarioTrafficAct.com
Radar Identified

by: Radar Identified on

Also parts of the 401 (example: east of McCowan) during certain times the road is moving quickly. Don Valley Parking Lot south of Bloor/Bayview exit also moves fairly fast outside of normal rush hour times. The 400, though... holy cow... it's like the Autofragginbahn. :shock:

tdrive2

by: tdrive2 on

I was on 401 west today. I couldn't believe my eyes. Hwybear would have needed a hug.

There must have been about 7-12 cars all tailgating each other going between 135-140 km/hr.

It wasnt a issue IMO.

But boy oh boy as soon as that convoy encountered some slow trucks or some drivers who would not more over to the right and plugged the passing lanes did things get really dangerous.

Lets say those that were happy going 140 were not pleased to suddenly be slowed to 110 with tons of open road infront of them

What is the result? always the same thing, illegal lane changes and tailgating.

The 401 is interesting, some drivers are REALLY fast some areas arent enforced well.

The QEW is similar usually the left lane is going between 125-135/140 ish.

The 400 well is a different story. I have seen some extreme driving on that hwy.

Well today on the 401 i guess all those people driving 120-140 must have been out of their minds playing with their lives.....

This was obviously not the case the road moved really well. Most people were not tailgating and obeying proper lane discipline. But as soon as there was a few road blocks plugging the road rules seemed to go right out the window.

I always wondered what an officer in the GTA does. What do you when like 70 % of the cars you radar all going 120-140?? You cant get them all. Do you wait for the ones going 160?

This seems to be policy on the 400 now a days.

hwybear

Posting Awards

tdrive2 wrote:

Lets say those that were happy going 140 were not pleased to suddenly be slowed to 110 with tons of open road infront of them

What is the result? always the same thing, illegal lane changes and tailgating..

All the more reason to support UNMARKED traffic cars!!!

- could have stopped the lane hog and cleard the path :wink:

racer
VIP
VIP

Posting Awards

by: racer on

hwybear wrote:
tdrive2 wrote:

What is the result? always the same thing, illegal lane changes and tailgating..

All the more reason to support UNMARKED traffic cars!!!

- could have stopped the lane hog and cleard the path :wink:

And then ticketed everyone driving over 120...

"The more laws, the less justice" - Marcus Tullius Cicero
"The hardest thing to explain is the obvious"

www.OHTA.ca & www.OntarioHighwayTrafficAct.com
Post a Reply

Return to “Exceeding the speed limit by 30 to 49 km/h”