brianguy16

Got A Ticket For 43 Over

by: brianguy16 on

I'd like to put attention to reflection (you have great answers)

I would just like to explain what happened and maybe you could tell me the best way to go about this.

Ok, so i was driving down highway 17 at about 120 km/hr and came upon a straight stretch and figured i'd just speed up for a bit then slow back down. so i sped up to 130 km/hr but then noticed a cop coming towards me in the other lane so i quickly slowed down without trying to show my brake lights, but it was too late. I noticed him pulled over and turn around and follow me. At this time i was going 90km/hr but that didn't stop him from turning on my lights and pulling me over. So after he pulled me over and talked to me about how fast i was going. He told me that i would get 4 points for being 40 over.

After he gave me the ticket and i looked it over I noticed that he made a mistake on the year of my car (it's a 1998 honda accord). He wrote down C9 for the year of the car.

I'm just wondering if there is anything i can do about the year...maybe this can dismiss the ticket, i'm not sure?

I only have a G2 license and i've had a ticket before (2 points) so now that brings me to 6 points and from what i've read that means that i'll be taken in for an interview.

I just want some thoughts about the whole situation please

Is C9 for the year mistake enough to throw it out?

How much will my insurance rates increase?

What is the interview like with the MTO?

Will my license be suspended?

If I get my full G this week and then pay the ticket. By the time the ministry goes over it at head office will this just go through without the interview seeing as i would have my full G by then or will they go by the class of license i have at the time of the ticket issue

Thanks

Reflections

by: Reflections on

Is C9 for the year mistake enough to throw it out?

Probably the year on your sticker.

How much will my insurance rates increase?

Depends on your insurance company.

What is the interview like with the MTO

Never been. Ask Bookm......lol.

No. Not sure as to how many you need before suspension...anyone else??

If I get my full G this week and then pay the ticket. By the time the ministry goes over it at head office will this just go through without the interview seeing as i would have my full G by then or will they go by the class of license i have at the time of the ticket issue

Your ticket isn't offical until you pay it. Opt for a trial, option 3 and ask for First Attendance. You'll have to contact the court (address on the back of the ticket) for details. Crown will give an offer, if you like it take. Try to get the points knocked down. If you don't like the offer tell them you would like to goto trial. You recieve a notice in the mail. You can try a plea agreement then as well. Obviously don't tell the prosocuter[sp.] you were testing your acceleration. If you don't feel comfortable give someone (paralegal) a call and see what they think. It sounds like the officer has you dead to rights so there is no use going through the whole court procedure.

And next time not so many questions on one post..... :D [/quote]

http://www.OHTA.ca OR http://www.OntarioTrafficAct.com
brianguy16

i thought year had to be the car year, but would make sense that C9 would be my plate cause it's aug 09,and i guess the C could be an incomplete 9 right?

No. Not sure as to how many you need before suspension...anyone else??

well I have my G2 and the MTO site says 6 points before you get an interview and discuss whether you should be suspended. this ticket is 4 points and the previous was 2. so i guess it's a for sure that im going to an interview.

This kind of led into the other question because if i had my full G then 6 points is a warning letter and 9 points is an interview so i thought i could maybe get around it by getting my full G before i paid the ticket.

What is First Attendance?

I know there is no way to get out of the ticket and i accept that i was speeding I just want to try to keep my license and not have to deal with the interview and possibility of suspension.

I know..I did alot of questions again. I apologize, but thank you so much for answering so quickly and politely reflections :D

Reflections

When was the other ticket????

Request a trial and wait for the notice in the mail. In the mean time complete your full G licence and all should be good. Don't worry about first attendance. Go to court on the date on the notice. Be there early, half an hour should do. Don't go in wearing shorts and a T-shirt. Business casual should do. The prosocuter[sp.] will ask for people to line up to discuss their cases. This is when you can request a lower speed. 29 over is three points. However, if you have your full G by the trial date this won't be an issue, as far as points go. Give that a try. The trial option should buy you the time to get your G. Good luck.

hwybear

Posting Awards

by: hwybear on

brianguy16 wrote: At this time i was going 90km/hr but that didn't stop him from turning on my lights and pulling me over.

Well, you should have just turned "off" "your lights" and kept going...

j/k :lol:

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
brianguy16

hwybear wrote:
brianguy16 wrote: At this time i was going 90km/hr but that didn't stop him from turning on my lights and pulling me over.

Well, you should have just turned "off" "your lights" and kept going...

j/k :lol:

oh turning on his lights lmao....i'm pretty sure his old crown vic woulda took me down no matter what LOL

Reflections

And let this be a lesson to all. Most officers have a sense of humour, it's just not when you want it .......

brianguy16

Another Note:

I was just reading over the envelope that has the instructions for pleading guilty with an explaination. It says that the justice of peace cannot reduce the charge, cannot remove or reduce the demerit points to be applied.

Option 2 says to plead guilty with an explaination and it says that you can ask for a lesser fine or more time to pay. My question is...will the ticket still register or only after i pay for it? (so that i have time to get my full G)

If i select option3 do i also select "I intend to challenge the evidence of the Offences Officer"?

Lastly, the officer selected no for witnesses, but there was another officer with him, does this mean anything?

Thanks so much guys

Reflections

Take option 3 then try a plea before the trial. The prosocuter can ammend the charges.

As far as witnesses go, the officer came to all the conclusions on his own. He didn't use the other officers input.

Post a Reply