ponyboyt

144 In 100 - Hwy 403 "turnaround" Radar?

by: ponyboyt on

ticket says 140 in 100. Paralegal has the ticket so i cant scan it right now. He said the ticket looked ok though. What im questioning is the legality of the officer doing radar parked in a turnaround section between the east - and west-bound lanes of the 403 west of Brantford? Is it illegal to park there? I understand it is legal to turn around there in emergency situations? If it is illegal to park there, how do you enforce the law if you are breaking it?

Cruiser was parked in the turnaround with lights off, clocked me at 144. I saw him and did not slow down. My cruise was set for 129ish, GPS in the last couple minutes had read between 128-133ish. I turned off the cruise when his headlights came on, in the meantime i had changed lanes twice. When asked if i knew why he pulled me over, i said "sure why not". Pretty much all i said, as i cannot speak loudly due to medical conditions and pretty much all his answers were "pardon sir?" so he just gave me his ticket and left....

This is my 12th ticket in 3 months. It is my first speeding ticket.

Plenderzoosh

by: Plenderzoosh on

Those "no u-turn" zones are actually no uturn, authorized vehicles exempt. Police cars would fall into that category so he's fine being there. From my experience police love to use a "turnaround" or to be just behind a bridge when it comes to speed enforcement.

ponyboyt

Squishy wrote: :shock: :shock: Time to trade that STS for an Aveo. You'll draw less attention. 8)

couple things.

1: im banging my head on the wall trying to figure out how anyone here knows what i drive rofl.... i remember making a post a while ago but deleted it due to paranoia... lol someone has a good memory.

2: I love my car, never trade it in

3: i have no points. At least i didnt think i did til i talked to the paralegal, one of my tickets is for "disobeying a road sign. The officer who gave me that said he was giving me a ticket that wouldnt give me any points. It was for driving down a road that was closed. Paralegal says the cop is wrong and i probably have points for that.

4: i have 3 tickets for failing to provide proper insurence doccuments, 2 for ownership, 1 for open bottle of liquer, and 5 for tinted windows. I have 2 convictions, 1 for fail to provide insurence and a fail to provide ownership. Those were convictions cause just paid them.

admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Posting Awards

by: admin on

ponyboyt wrote:
Squishy wrote: :shock: :shock: Time to trade that STS for an Aveo. You'll draw less attention. 8)

1: im banging my head on the wall trying to figure out how anyone here knows what i drive rofl.... i remember making a post a while ago but deleted it due to paranoia... lol someone has a good memory.

LOL...that's hilarious :lol:

ponyboyt

I wont try to justify the way i drive by making excuses. But i need to point out just for arguments sake:

"This is my 12th ticket in 3 months. It is my first speeding ticket."

i should have said "This is the first time i have ever been puled over for speeding".

Its always for tint or to see if i have umm i donno, drugs in the car i guess?

Ya that night i was in a hurry, it was late and i needed my prescription which was at home. But i probably drive like that a lot and it will kick me in the ass later. I've been more careful lately, i try to keep with the flow.

hwybear

Posting Awards

by: hwybear on

ponyboyt wrote: I've been more careful lately, i try to keep with the flow.

I would not recommend that either.

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
Bookm

by: Bookm on

sarge3056 wrote:- You admit to doing 130. :|

- You admit to getting 12 tickets in 3 months

You need to drive a lot SLOWER......PLAIN AND SIMPLE :idea:

Oh great, another cop! ;)

hwybear wrote:
ponyboyt wrote: I've been more careful lately, i try to keep with the flow.

I would not recommend that either.

TRUST ME! Bear's right!!! LOL

ponyboyt

i actualy meant to post this a while ago but havent been browsing much this past week or so.

I had forgotten about a small, intended glitch in my car that i fixed this weekend.

My car has a built in diagnostics system. It displays messages on the dash by default, and you hvete option to call up more details via codes. When i start my car, it says "stability reduced, speed limited to 135 km/h". I always hit the "clear info" button and be on my way.

The reason its doing this is because of a worn out part in my factory air-ride. THe rear shocks in my car can change the ride height and stiffness based on road condition and speed. When the system isnt working, it shuts itself down and limits the top speed.

I intend to use this information at my trial. After all, how can i be clocked on radar at 144km/h in a car that is governed (speed limited) to 135km/h maximum. I have receipt for a new air ride pump and a picture of the "error codes" in my diagnostics history. Is there anythig else i may need for trial?

hwybear

Posting Awards

by: hwybear on

ponyboyt wrote: After all, how can i be clocked on radar at 144km/h in a car that is governed (speed limited) to 135km/h maximum.

- maybe the speedometer is not accurate

- maybe the tires size based on the speedometer are not as the computer thinks, thus the speed would be different

- as my car, soon as I clear the warning, it "over rides" the error until next start up, therefore you in fact were not governed

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
ponyboyt

2 ways o clear the code. 1 is to hit the info reset button, which clears the general info off the screen, but not clear the error code. 2nd is to go into diagnostics mode and ERASE the code history. If the problem has been resolved, ie: parts repaired, the code will erase. If the problem is still there, the code will come back.

Now i dont know how accurate a GPS is. But i can say that my GPS stays within 1 km/h of my spedometer at all speeds ive checked. Its not a factory installed GPS, it is a Garmin attached to the window.

Ok so, ya i was speeding, i already admit that. My problem here is what if i WAS doing 144. I am contesting that i was doing around 130. So if i was doing 144 and this guy pointed his little toy at me.... I'd be out a car and license for a week and have a lot more than a $300 ticket.

Interesting side note:

Last night i had a trip to toronto. I said earlier i usualy go with the flow and was suggested here that that is not even a good idea. I stuck to the 2 right lanes, adjusting my cruise on the 401 to between 120 and 125. EVERYONE was passing me. I sped up a couple times to see how fast everyone was going, the majority was doing 150. I kept wondering if i'd get pulled over for holding up traffic.

Radar Identified

by: Radar Identified on

ponyboyt wrote:Last night i had a trip to toronto. I said earlier i usualy go with the flow and was suggested here that that is not even a good idea. I stuck to the 2 right lanes, adjusting my cruise on the 401 to between 120 and 125. EVERYONE was passing me. I sped up a couple times to see how fast everyone was going, the majority was doing 150. I kept wondering if i'd get pulled over for holding up traffic.

Was the 150 km/h "flow" between Cambridge and Mississauga? If so, no surprise there. In some parts of the 401 in Toronto people are still breaking the 150 mark quite regularly. People know where/when the cops are going to be on the road and they adjust their speeds accordingly.

Can you get a mechanic to document the operation of the speed limiter? That might help your case.

ponyboyt

i can probably get the dealer to doccument it, they know the car well. Im just hoping thy dont ask for pictures cause i never put 2 and 2 together at the time and its since been repaired. Kinda forgot about te ticket and i was talking to my mo about th repair and she said "how did you get a ticket for 140??!!!".

the 140-150 flow was pretty much immediately leaving cambridge. I had to run it pretty hard to get into traffic from the on-ramp.

Post a Reply