egzeros

136 Km/h On 401 Near Woodstock, Reduced 15 Km Over Ticket...

by: egzeros on

I got pulled over on the 401, going 136 km/h near Woodstock, on my way down to visit a buddy in Chatham. Cop was to the point, told me he caught me at 136 and asked for license and etc. Came back and told me he reduced my ticket to 15 over and said he was just getting people to slow down. There was construction on highway some 5-10 km west.

This is my first speeding ticket, but I was pulled over once before about 4 or 5 years ago (doing about 95 in a 60 zone at 2am in a minivan) and given a warning. I am 23 years old. I live in Toronto and the Court to fight my ticket is in Woodstock.

Is this ticket worth fighting? I am worried about increase in insurance premium. Is it worth the 2 hour drive to the court and potential to get full ticket reinstated? Any advice is appreciated.

jsherk
High Authority
High Authority

by: jsherk on

I suggest you choose Option 3 NOT GUILTY and want TRIAL with OFFICER PRESENT.

Once you get trial date, then request DISCLOSURE from the Crown, which will include the Officers notes (there are a few sites that will tell you how to write that).

Then call provincial offences office and ask them what date the officer filed the original Certificate of Offence with their office. He MUST do it within 7 days or it is a fatal error that can get the ticket thrown out.

Once you get disclosure, read it carefully.

If you think there is nothing you can do and you just want to pay it, then send note to Crown and say you want to change plea to Guilty and just pay.

It will cost you the same either way, but this way you get to see the officers notes and make sure he did not mess them up.

+++ This is not legal advice, only my opinion +++
Post a Reply