hankgong

129km/h (reduced By The Officer From 131km/h) In 80km/h Zone

by: hankgong on

Hi I received a speeding ticket on June 4th, 2015 while I was driving on QEW. The section I was driving was under construction near to the bridge of Hamilton. It has a temporary 80km/h speed limit sign that I didn't pay attention to.

The police pulled over my car and gave me the speeding ticket. He told me that he reduced the speed from 131km/h to 129km/h to avoid the suspension of my license for 7 days. I didn't ask him to show me the radar readings that day.

So I went to the Hamilton courthouse on the 15th day after that and signed the "Request of Trial". Last week I received my notice of trial and my trial is scheduled on June 21st, 2016. I'm wondering if I can request to stay my case with 11b since the waiting period will be more than 1 year.

Thanks...

ynotp

Posting Awards

by: ynotp on

11b would be the best strategy at this point but it is a year away and precedents can change so make sure you review the evidence against you in case your 11b is not successful before trial and prepare for the possibility of trial if you have a winning case or pleading guilty. I would request disclosure in about 6 months and start preparing at that point. If you are unsure about how to file or argue and 11b then hire a reputable firm to represent you or be prepared to do a lot of homework. (You don't want to mess up an almost sure thing.)

hankgong

by: hankgong on

ynotp wrote:11b would be the best strategy at this point but it is a year away and precedents can change so make sure you review the evidence against you in case your 11b is not successful before trial and prepare for the possibility of trial if you have a winning case or pleading guilty. I would request disclosure in about 6 months and start preparing at that point. If you are unsure about how to file or argue and 11b then hire a reputable firm to represent you or be prepared to do a lot of homework. (You don't want to mess up an almost sure thing.)

Thank you. As long as I can use 11b to drop my case, that's a good news for now. I read some old posts on RedFlagDeals which suggest I write to prosecutor to request to expedite my case (99% this will not happen) and request the disclosure as soon as possible.

And for sure, I don't want to mess up this case since I know what a major violation can do on my insurance in coming years.

Post a Reply