Corleone7755

112 In An 80 Km/h Zone - 2nd Ticket In A Year

by: Corleone7755 on

Hi, I'm a fully licensed driver. I have had some bad luck with tickets. In early September I pleaded guilty to a 109 in an 80 km/h zone. On April 24th 2012 I was smacked with a 112 in a 80 km/h zone. I have also previously had a seatbelt ticket and back in 2009 (I think) I also had a 50 km/h over which was reduced to 119 or 129 after trial (not sure). None of these have affected my insurance, but I think this new one will because it's a major and might put me over 9 points.

I have a couple questions:

1. When you get a ticket reduced, are the points reduced also?

2. Should I go to trial for this one?

3. Only major offences are bad for insurance, right?

4. Can I plead guilty and still have it reduced? Will the demerit points be reduced too?

Thank you for reading my story.

Corleone7755

by: Corleone7755 on

I just did a drivers abstract and it said I only have 3 points, meaning I just have 1 speeding ticket on there. My other points must be gone. Eitherway I would like this new ticket to be a minor offence and not a major.

Can I get it reduced by choosing the option 2 on the ticket? Or does it have to be option 3 to get it reduced? If I choose option 2 will I be able to see the justice that same day, or will it be another day?

I'd like to get this all over with tomorrow if someone could please answer some of these questions.

Thanks

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

by: Stanton on

1) Yes, points are assigned based on what you're convicted for, not what the original ticket says.

2) Really your decision. Depends how much time/effort it's worth to you and also on the Crown's evidence.

3) A couple minor offences will typically raise your rates, but less dramatically then a major conviction. Really depends on your provider/policy. Rough estimate is 10-20% versus 50-100%. 42 over might still be considered minor.

4) No, if you plead guilty it will be for the speed shown on the ticket. The JP can only lower the fine, not the speed. For a reduced speed you need to work out a deal with the Crown.

Post a Reply