A speeding traffic ticket is subject to section 128 of the Highway Traffic Act.
dippy76

72 In 50 Zone Which Wasnt Marked

by: dippy76 on

I was travelling Eastbound on Finch Avenue West. I had made a left off of Westmore Drive (Just East of Hwy 27) and fell into a speed trap right as I was speeding up from making the left. I was clocked at 72 in a 50 zone. I notice on the ticket it says travelling east bound on Finch Ave E at Humber College Blvd. That is not correct. I was on Finch Ave W and Humber College Blvd. does not cross Finch Ave W. My court date is on Monday.. anything I can do to get it thrown out?

hwybear

Posting Awards

by: hwybear on

ticketcombat wrote: You'll have to fight the ticket the old fashion way.
??
Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
javi3340

by: javi3340 on

Hi,

Iwas caught speeding @54 km in a 40km zone. I have checked with my insurance company and my premiums will go up even if the offence does not carry any demerit points. My question is, when I go to trial would I be able to bargain with the prosecutor to reduce this offence for say a parking violation to be paid inmediately, or an HTA offence which will not show up in my drivers abstract and will not affect my insurance premiums.

Thanks in advance for your help..

racer
VIP
VIP

Posting Awards

by: racer on

javi3340 wrote:Hi,

Iwas caught speeding @54 km in a 40km zone. I have checked with my insurance company and my premiums will go up even if the offence does not carry any demerit points. My question is, when I go to trial would I be able to bargain with the prosecutor to reduce this offence for say a parking violation to be paid inmediately, or an HTA offence which will not show up in my drivers abstract and will not affect my insurance premiums.

Thanks in advance for your help..

Yes, you can do that. You might want to do that at a First Attendance meeting even.

"The more laws, the less justice" - Marcus Tullius Cicero
"The hardest thing to explain is the obvious"

www.OHTA.ca & www.OntarioHighwayTrafficAct.com
Post a Reply