Speeding Ticket: Hta 128 - 103km/h In A Posted 80km/h

A speeding traffic ticket is subject to section 128 of the Highway Traffic Act.
tamilrmx

Speeding Ticket: Hta 128 - 103km/h In A Posted 80km/h

Unread post by tamilrmx »

I got a ticket on June 20/2011. I put it in court and filed option 3 a few days after i got the ticket..my court date is in May 2012. I'm wondering if this ticket will be easy to fight, I have won 2 tickets in the past which involved 2 points and they all got dropped with my explanation. I was given this ticket at 11:45pm at night in Halton Hills, ON down Highway7 where there is several hills going down...i kind of let it roll down instead of accelerating so as soon as the hill ended the cop clocked me at 103 in the 80 zone :( i told him i drive from Brampton to Guelph each day for work thru highway 7 and he told me to fight it instead.

How can i win this one? I've heard i should get a disclosure from a lawyer, how does that work, I've never requested for a disclosure?

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

Unread post by Stanton »

tamilrmx wrote:I have won 2 tickets in the past which involved 2 points and they all got dropped with my explanation. I was given this ticket at 11:45pm at night in Halton Hills, ON down Highway7 where there is several hills going down...i kind of let it roll down

Just so you're aware, speeding is an absolute liability offence, meaning intent is irrelevant. The Court is only interested in if you were speeding, not why.

tamilrmx

Unread post by tamilrmx »

Thanks for the replies :)

do i just follow that link and prepare it and just mail it to the court office, easy as that?

btw, i got a $490 + 6points ticket last year which was given to me in a rear-end accident and the court date was yesterday and this was in brampton, they only told me to pay $85 within 60 days period, and gave me a redish pink paper with some surcharges broken down for ticket prices...i've never seen this before in my 2 old cases, is this something new they invented to prevent ppl from walking away with a completely dropped ticket?? will this show up on my record or something??