A speeding traffic ticket is subject to section 128 of the Highway Traffic Act.
Ivan

by: Ivan on

This depends on your insurance company and the previous convictions.

It may or it may not.

Try this insurance company Johnson Insurance Inc. i think thats the name, just don't want to go to a car right now. they are really good even with couple of tickets. I am not advertising just passing on the information.

Ivan

by: Ivan on

Well did you get convicted of it? or its still standing?

and besides you never have to tell anybody about your convictions. you have a right not to incriminate yourself. if for example, the broker or in this instance anyone, asks you if you have any convictions you say "none that i can recall". so that if they tell you after "well, i can see there is a speeding ticket on your record!" you just innocently reply "oh, i'm sorry, there might be one, i honestly forgot.. or but i thought it is gone from my record!". you can always tell them you fought the ticket and you won the case and you don't know why it is still on the record.

chances are that the insurance broker will never check on you again, but will not consider much of this ticket at this moment, so he might just ask you to figure this out and send him a copy of the MTO report after you dealt with this matter. you don't have to send him anything, and thats as far as it will go.

also build a good relationship with a broker.

i have two tickets on my record which the courts sent the convictions for after i won the appeal and dismissed the charges. i got my license suspended then called the court, got it reinstated, and now again out of nowhere they appeared on my MTO record again!! what a hassle...

good luck

Radar Identified

by: Radar Identified on

Ivan wrote:you can always tell them you fought the ticket and you won the case and you don't know why it is still on the record.

No, you can't. They will investigate if they have any suspicions (which usually happens the second you have to file a claim). They do have access to these records. They will go so far as to order court transcripts and find out if you are being truthful to them. If you lied to them, you can go to jail for Insurance Fraud. Usually they will refuse to pay your claim or terminate your coverage, but jail is a possibility.

Not incriminating yourself is for testimony in court. It has nothing to do with insurance companies, who are allowed to ask for this information under the Insurance Act. They can check the records themselves, but if they ask you, just answer them truthfully. If you're not sure, best to admit "I'm not sure, you should check the record."

* The above is NOT legal advice. By acting on anything I have said, you assume responsibility for any outcome and consequences. *
http://www.OntarioTicket.com OR http://www.OHTA.ca
Post a Reply