A speeding traffic ticket is subject to section 128 of the Highway Traffic Act.
scidude101

82km In 60, Plate # Incorrect, Officer On Private Property

by: scidude101 on

Hello all,

4 days ago I was pulled over for doing 102 in a 60 which I had thought was an 80. The cop reduced the ticket to 82 in a 60. The only things that I can think of that are interesting is that, when the officer took the radar reading, he was on private property, not the road, he was on this guys porch picking drivers off coming over a hill. Also, when he wrote down my license plate number he messed up. The only other thing is that the total payable amount is $107.xx, I do not know how to calculate to see if this is correct.

Not really sure how to proceed, would an incorrect license plate number be enough for the prosecutor to not be able to file the ticket?

Help please, I really feel lost in the world after this.. :(

Decatur

Posting Awards

by: Decatur on

The officer being on private property has no bearing on the validity of the ticket.

An incorrect licence plate number is not a fatal flaw on the ticket. Even a JP reviewing it wouldn't have any way of knowing that it's not s correct plate number.

The set fine for 22 over is $107.50

Enter a not guilty plea, when you receive a trial notice, request disclose and review the evidence.

Be aware that if you go to trial, they will amend up the speed back to 102 in a 60.

Post a Reply