Not A Repost But Similar Situation As Other People Here

Anxanx

Not A Repost But Similar Situation As Other People Here

Unread post by Anxanx »

Hello - yesterday I pulled over for driving with suspended license for a 3rd time. The original sentence was because of unpaid fines not DUI. I have paid all my fines and do not owe anything to MTO. I have attended all my court dates on time.

What options do I have now? I will have to take the hit and might (probably will) get incarcerated, fines, and suspended license again IF I plead guilty on the first visit to court. I am leaning on doing this as this is all my fault. I had no excuse being on the road with a suspended license.

In reading other threads, I can

-requesting leniency from the JP during sentencing

-work out some kind of deal or even avoid jail

-If jail is required, an intermittent weekend sentence may even be possible which would allow you to keep working.

So the question remains, what other options do I have? Should I just plead guilty or fight it? Should I obtain legal aid/advise/representation?

Kind Regards,

Andrew

daggx

Posting Awards

Unread post by daggx »

Since jail time is a real possibility I would hire a paralegal if you can at all afford it. They know the system and will best be able to tell you whether you have a case to fight the charges or whether they might be able to work out a deal that will keep you from getting locked up.

Anxanx

Unread post by Anxanx »

I appreciate you taking the time to respond. I am in a bit of a predicament. I think I might need representation.

Has anyone engaged Ben (xPolice) to represent them? His office is right beside the burlington courthouse.

admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Posting Awards

Unread post by admin »

Anxanx wrote:I appreciate you taking the time to respond. I am in a bit of a predicament. I think I might need representation.

Has anyone engaged Ben (xPolice) to represent them? His office is right beside the burlington courthouse.

Theres a form at the bottom of the page where you can submit for a free quote.