Mto Says Lic Is Fine Leo Says I "may" Be Suspended

spitfire

Mto Says Lic Is Fine Leo Says I "may" Be Suspended

Unread post by spitfire »

Hello all

New just joined forum, this is my first post. I was stopped Fri. night/ Sat. morn for a minor speed infraction (65 in a 50) and after quite a wait at the side of the road the officer asked me if i was aware that my D/L was under suspension. This was a bit of a surprise as I have NO unpaid fines... no children let alone child support..nothing. I told the officer that I was in a single vehicle collision in 2010 (went off the road and totaled my car) of which the outcome was conviction and fine for failing to drive in a marked lane. I was unconscious at the scene and taken to hospital.

Officer says he sees two D/L numbers listed for my name and address and that although my actual D/L (the physical one in his hand is clean) the other number shows it's suspended. The officer said that it was probably something to do with the accident and that I should call the MTO first thing on Monday.

I have not driven all weekend and was probably the first one on the phone with the MTO this morning and the MTO says (not surprisingly) that my D/L is clean, I mentioned that the officer mentioned a different D/L number with same name, etc. and MTO only has one entry for me and I'm good... I'm on my way to obtain a drivers abstract as soon as I finish this post.

This situation generates soooo many questions but the key ones for me at this point are

Can I drive?

How can the LEO see two D/L numbers but the MTO only sees one???

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

Unread post by Stanton »

Id suggest contacting the officer and seeing if he can provide you with the second DL number. Im not sure why hed be able to locate it but the MTO cant. Easiest way to see if a second DL was generated at the time of your accident is to see if the conviction shows on your abstract.