Laura_H

License Suspended Twice

by: Laura_H on

Okay, so last year I had my license suspended for a ticket I had forgotten to pay. Within 1 DAY of finding that out, I paid the reinstatemet fee and the ticket. I then had another speeding ticket in which I decided to hire a lawyer to fight it in court. The outcome wasn't what I had thought and they could only reduce the demerit points to 3 instead of 4. They had given me a 90 day window period in which to pay. In that time, I had been diagnosed with a medical condition, lost my job and ended up moving. Of course I had forgotten ( yet again ) about this bloody ticket. Today I get a phone call from a collection agency stating that not only do I have to pay this ticket but my license is suspended YET AGAIN!! I am willing to pay the reinstatement fee, however I am SO worried about the fact that this is now impacting my driving record and even though I was prompt to pay, what is going to happen in terms of insurance? the circumstances in which both cases fell under, and how long does this stay on my record? I am so completely frustrated because I don't want my license to be revoked. I am also a G licensed driver. Any advice?? or information ??.. besides slow down, obviously.. :(

Simon Borys
VIP
VIP

by: Simon Borys on

Read this post re: how long fines stay on your record. That should answer most of your questions. Also, re: your insurance, the problem for you now seems to be that when you apply for new insurance you have to answer "yes" to whether your licence has ever been suspended. That may drive your rates up, but nothing you can do about it now, since the suspension is in the past.

NOTHING I SAY ON HERE IS LEGAL ADVICE.
Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

by: Stanton on

The fact that you weren't caught/charged actually driving with a suspended licence probably helps somewhat. Insurance companies won't like the fact that your licence was suspended, but they dislike people who keep driving while suspended even more.

Post a Reply