bhavinb

Special Case Of 11b, Need Some Advise

by: bhavinb on

Hi everyone,

I hope someone can help me with this situation I'm in.

In December 2009, i received a ticket for being too close to a hydrant. I believe it was within the required distance and took pictures to dispute the case.

Fast forward and my trial date is set for June 2011, a full 18 months after the 'infraction'.

I no longer live in Toronto (live in Ottawa), and further, it was so long ago, that I no longer have the ticket on me as well!

I read some disgusting things about the bureaucratic nightmare that filing a motion to stay proceedings is (especially in downtown Toronto).

Is there a solution for a case like mine?

Thanks,

-Bhavin

Radar Identified

by: Radar Identified on

Since you no longer live in Toronto, my recommendation is to have a paralegal take this one over for you. Expensive, yes, but that's probably the best option at this point. Filing an 11B at Old City Hall is a disastrous Gong Show. I've filed 11B motions elsewhere and I would personally hire a paralegal if I were filing one there. But that's just me.

* The above is NOT legal advice. By acting on anything I have said, you assume responsibility for any outcome and consequences. *
http://www.OntarioTicket.com OR http://www.OHTA.ca
bhavinb

by: bhavinb on

Hi Radar,

Thanks for the advise. My ticket was only $100 but most paralegals will charge alot more to file an 11b motion.

Is there a way I can do the 11b entirely by registered mail and affidavit of service signed by a commisioner of oaths in Ottawa? For example, I can fax the 11b to the Attorney Generals, and mail the 11b to the prosecutor and court. Then I can make a sworn statement to doing both and have that signed by a commisioner of oaths. I haven't seen this method proposed anywhere...but atleast I don't have to leave my workplace twice (once to file the motion and second for the trial).

-B

Post a Reply