cckwokchun

No Full Stop Got Dropped To Fail To Provide Insurance Card

by: cckwokchun on

no full stop at a stop sign got dropped to "fail to provide insurance card", since I only have expired pink slip (was expired for 2, 3 months)

The officer was nice and only gave me one ticket for failing to provide insurance card.

Even tho there is no point, but I already had another minor ticket, two minor tickets will increase my premium.

So I request a first attendence meeting as I heard it might get dropped there.

But what if the prosecutor refuse to drop it, should I choose to go for a trial?

The officer already gave me a "discount", will he bring up everything such as how I got pulled over at the first place?

Thanks

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

by: Stanton on

Its quite likely the officer would have to tell the Court why he stopped your car, since thats what leads to him discovering your expired insurance slip. It shouldnt change the outcome if youre found guilty, it will just make any type of fine reduction very unlikely.

In terms of going to trial though, theres not really much you can fight this charge on. You either did or didnt have a valid slip. Review disclosure for errors and see if the officer shows. Personally, if the officers there and his notes are accurate, I wouldnt waste your time with a trial for this type of charge.

Post a Reply