Got Into An Accident With Warn Range

westend50

Got Into An Accident With Warn Range

Unread post by westend50 »

A few days ago, I was driving on a road with 2 passengers, all of a sudden, I got hit from the right side by a minivan coming out from a parallel parking spot.

There was a witness parked on the other side of the road and saw the minivan making a U-turn from a parked position and hit me. The witness gave me his business card.

I called the police. The police arrived after about 15 minutes.

I gave the officer the witness's business card. By then the witness had left. I didn't copy down his information.

The officer then gave breathalzyer tests to both drivers.

Unfortunately for me, I blew a warn range while the other driver passed.

The officer suspended my licence for 3 days and got me to call a friend to drive my car home.

The officer also gave me a ticket for careless driving but said not to worry much about it. I just took the officer's words for it and left. I didn't know how serious that ticket was until I got home and looked it up.

This ticket already has a court date, location and time on it.

I was given an e-mail address and asked to e-mail the officer for some report.

I called my insurance broker for a general inquiry (without reporting my policy number). The broker said to wait for the report before making a claim.

How long should I expect for the officer to get back to me?

What should I do now with the ticket and the insurance?

Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thank you.

Simon Borys
VIP
VIP

Unread post by Simon Borys »

If the officer didn't/doesn't interview the witness, the defence (you or your lawyer/paralegal) can. If the officer doesn't have the person's contact information that you provided anymore then you might be apply to apply for a stay under s. 24(1) for the Charter. This is the type of situation where it would be beneficial for you to have a lawyer or a paralegal who knows what they're doing to help you.

NOTHING I SAY ON HERE IS LEGAL ADVICE.