Important! Read our Forum Rules before you Post or Browse.
racer
VIP
VIP

Posting Awards

New Member? Come And Say Hi And Introduce Yourself Here! :)

by: racer on

Hello everyone and welcome to Ontario Highway Traffic Act forum. I am a moderator for the "General Talk" section, and I will help out the admin to moderate the site. Please remember that this particular section is not just about the Ontario Highway Traffic Act, you can post your favourite recipes here for all I care, or ponder whether the TML will make the playoffs...:wink:.

Please make an introductory post about yourself here to be welcomed to the forum!

About the forum:

I, admin, and any other moderator can edit your messages, and we will if they contain any offensive material, spam, references to adult material, any hate-related or discriminatory material, profanities, attacks on other forum members, or we can delete them altogether, but if there is no offensive material there, I guarantee that the post will remain intact. If the moderation team does not like your post for any reason other than the ones listed above, we will contact you via PM with request to change your message. Repeat offenders will be notified, and if their behaviour doesn't change - banned. Spambots will be banned immediately upon discovery. Also please DO NOT POST IN ALL CAPITALS, as this resembles shouting. Posts in all caps will be deleted regardless of content. Remember that people of all backgrounds come to this site, so please do not make fun if someone misspells or makes any grammatical or otherwise error. Please, let us work together and make this yet small, but growing community, a fun place to visit time and again.

Also please visit our FAQ section. The page contains a great deal of resources regarding the forum's technical aspects, login problems, and generic forum usage.

Please also visit the BBCode usage page for BBCode to assist you with formatting your replies.

If you get unwanted private messages (ie advertisements, not other user's messages) or any offensive material over our private message system please PM me and I will work with admin to resolve the issue, as this is likely to be done by a spammer. Also, please do not respond to these PMs in any way, especially if that mentions a web address - do not go there. Remember that neither me nor the admin will ask you for any personal information or passwords, if you get messages asking you to give away your password or any info, or contain any material you find offensive to you, please report them to me immediately via PM. Including the original message in the body using quote (if you are not sure how to use quote, see BBCode usage page, close to the end of the post) will also help. We will not tolerate abuse over our private message system, and violators will be banned.

Police. We realize that you might be upset with the police after receiving a ticket. However, this is not the place to promote anti-police views or hate towards the police. The job of a policeman/policewoman is much more than writing out traffic tickets, and in no way reflects the entire police force. If you believe that the LEO had treated you unfairly or made a mistake, make a post about it to start a civilized discussion.

Please Do Not Post any Police Officers' Name, Contact Info, Or Any Other Identifiable Material of the LEO that issued you a Traffic Ticket. This Forum will Remove any reference to any individual LEO that you had dealings with. This Forum is Not the place for individual Police Complaints.

We understand you might be frustrated with the LEO that issued you a Traffic Ticket, but this is not the place to vent your frustration about the individual LEO. You may talk about the Police in General, but please do not name the LEO, or your post will be subject to Moderation, and a Warning will be issued to your member account.

If you need more information on Police Complaint Procedures, Please Visit: The Ontario Civilian Commission on Police Services

Linking out. Please do not post any links to: offensive material, spam, adult material, any hate-related or discriminatory material, terrorist organizations, virus-infested sites, adware-infested sites, any malware-infested sites. As a guideline, if you would not like to end up on the site, do not post it.

Signatures. We do not allow advertisements in a signature. You can post a web link in your signature, but not an advertisement or endorsement for it. All rules applying to regular posts also apply to signatures and weblinks in signatures.

Double posts. If you feel that your issue falls under 2 or more categories, select the one which is either the most applicable, or, if you cannot choose, the one which is the most severe. If you have already made 2 or more posts about the same issue, chances are that one of the threads will take off and the other one won't. The one that doesn't take off will be deleted.

Also, sometimes a glitch occurs that causes your response to be shown twice. If that happens, please delete one of them. You can delete your own posts. Otherwise a moderator will remove such an occurence.

RSS Feed. We have a RSS feed that shows the latest posts made on the forum. Grab it here!

Advertise With Us! Please send an email to info@microtekblue.com for sitewide, banner, and traffic ticket leads advertising packages.

Web Development and SEO Looking for a high quality, high traffic, SEO optimized website like ours? Please send an email to info@microtekblue.com for Web Development and Advanced SEO Services. Or visit us at http://www.Microtekblue.com

http://www.OntarioHighwayTrafficAct.com is owned and operated by Microtekblue Inc.

*** The rules and guidelines outlined here are subject to change. ***

Regards

Last edited by racer on Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"The more laws, the less justice" - Marcus Tullius Cicero
"The hardest thing to explain is the obvious"

www.OHTA.ca & www.OntarioHighwayTrafficAct.com
Keanna

by: Keanna on

Hi. I just registered. My friend who found this website and also joined recently is actually why I joined. I'm helping her out from her car accident this past Tues.

I'm in Kingston.....uh...lol

Keanna

by: Keanna on

Thank you. I hope I can generate some intriging and thought provoking posts...:)

helpneeded

by: helpneeded on

Hello everyone i am new to this forum also had a few questions about a ticket that i received roughly a month ago so figured i would sign up. It is in the "General Talk" section of your site. Also i am living near Hamilton, Ontario. Any help or information any of you can give me on the subject it would be GREAT. Please post your comments and info thanks the trial date is coming up so any helpful hints or advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time bye for now.

hwybear

Posting Awards

by: hwybear on

Hi ALL!!

Great forum.....thanks for invite....Reflections!

Yes, as my name implies I am a police officer. I have 11yrs experience, with the last 8 yrs in traffic enforcement.

I will not offer legal advice. As everyone else, I have my opinions on things, and will try at times to give a thought from the other side. I will not comment on this officer did this or that, I was not there so will not judge, that is what court is for.

As Reflections and Bookm can attest, I do listen and try to understand other sides of the coin, like everyone should.

At the end of the day, I have a job to do and will do it to the best of my abilities.

Cheers,

The Friendly Neighbourhood Bear!

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
Reflections

by: Reflections on

Welcome, Mr Bear, I see your signature changed.

As for me, I just have an interest in law for the every guy. I am not a lawyer but I can certainly help point people in the right direction.

http://www.OHTA.ca OR http://www.OntarioTrafficAct.com
racer
VIP
VIP

Posting Awards

by: racer on

Welcome to the forum, BelSlySTi!

Nice to have you aboard

"The more laws, the less justice" - Marcus Tullius Cicero
"The hardest thing to explain is the obvious"

www.OHTA.ca & www.OntarioHighwayTrafficAct.com
synergy

by: synergy on

Hello everyone. Good site. Just needs some more traffic to be a really great site ... ugh, bad pun I know!

I am not a reckless driver, but would have to say a bit aggressive. I don't weave in and out, but I do get my speed up there every now and again. And, yes, I "push" those slow left laners out of the way. Sorry if that was you.

I get about 1 ticket a year, or 2 every three, and have fought, and won, every one of them.

Looking for some good posts and hopefully, I'll be able offer my traffic court experience to some of you.

I fight all my tickets!
Bookm

by: Bookm on

synergy wrote:I "push" those slow left laners out of the way.

Um, I believe the correct term is "NERVE" 'em out of the way ;)

Post a Reply

Return to “Forum Rules”