A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: admin, hwybear, Radar Identified, Reflections, bend, Decatur

Innocent78

One Cop On Ground Pulls Over 2 Cars Caught By Aerial

by: Innocent78 on

I was going southbound in the left hand lane on Hwy 10 near Orangeville (where it's 2 lanes). I saw the cop on the side and slowed down, like you do. The car in the right hand lane was going slightly faster than me. I moved over to right hand lane when I saw the cop pull out and the lights go on, and wasn't surprised that she went in front of me, in between the two of us, since the other car was going faster. Then her hand comes out and waves me to pull over too. She says the airplane caught me going 109 in an 80 zone. I don't know how the airplane could have gotten an accurate reading if me and the other car were close enough that one cop on the ground could pull over the both of us. I think it was more of a 2-for-1 deal for the cop, since we were going about the same speed, but the other car was going slightly faster.

My trial is coming up and I wanted to find out what you experts here think. Has anyone been in this situation before, or does anyone have any advice? Does the airplane have a camera in it? It would be a huge investment to buy and airplane, so you think they'd buy a camera for a couple grand to help prove their case.

Thanks in advance.

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

by: Stanton on

I'd request disclosure to see what the officer's observations were. I'd disagree with the notion it was a 2 for 1 deal. The officer on the plane could have easily calculated the speed of both you and the other vehicle well before you were actually pulled over.

And I've never heard of a camera being installed on the plane. It's no different then the majority of traffic offences in which the officer's testimony is sufficient evidence.

Post a Reply

Return to “General Talk”