Careless charge

Mugs

Careless charge

Unread post by Mugs » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:27 am

I drive an old style 4 cyl mustang with well over 300,000 km on it. I left work in a hurry and tires squealed (surprising me). I remembered I left something at work. Went around the block and realized an officer was following me. I panicked and misjudged the corner, slamming on my brakes. When I slam on my brakes the car pulls hard which I went over the curb. I pulled around the corner as I knew I was being pulled over. The result a careless. Officer said he 'heard' me squeal my tires and I was going to fast to make the corner.
He served me with careless. I have had a clean drivers record up til now. Any advise?

hawaii

Re: Careless charge

Unread post by hawaii » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:10 pm

Mugs wrote:I drive an old style 4 cyl mustang with well over 300,000 km on it. I left work in a hurry and tires squealed (surprising me). I remembered I left something at work. Went around the block and realized an officer was following me. I panicked and misjudged the corner, slamming on my brakes. When I slam on my brakes the car pulls hard which I went over the curb. I pulled around the corner as I knew I was being pulled over. The result a careless. Officer said he 'heard' me squeal my tires and I was going to fast to make the corner.
He served me with careless. I have had a clean drivers record up til now. Any advise?

You are my hero... you got a 4cyl. Mustang to lay rubber

Mugs

Unread post by Mugs » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:49 pm

Not bad for 'Just a Girl'...
Any advise to dispute the charge? I have never been in a misdemeanour with the law.

iFly55

Unread post by iFly55 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:29 am

You were very lucky not to get charged with Stunt Driving (HTA S172).

http://www.e-laws.gov.on.ca/html/regs/e ... 0455_e.htm
Definition, “stunt”
3. For the purposes of section 172 of the Act, “stunt” includes any activity where one or more persons engage in any of the following driving behaviours:

2. Driving a motor vehicle in a manner that indicates an intention to cause some or all of its tires to lose traction with the surface of the highway while turning.
Having said that, the crown will most likely offer you a plea-deal to a much less serious charge (ie. unsafe lane change, improper right turn)

Mugs

Unread post by Mugs » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:48 am

Yes I was told that and I am thankful I did not receive that charge.
Thank you

Return to “Careless Driving”