zra

34km Over The Speed Limit

by: zra on

Hi everyone,

I got pulled over and got a ticket for 34 over. I reviewed the ticket and there appears to be no fatal errors on the ticket at all. I was hoping if any individuals could help me develop a strategy for defense for this matter. Particularly, could anyone provide insight as to how I can determine whether or not the cop used a lidar or radar and whether it was tested appropriately. I'm also interested in finding out whether or not the radar was serviced on the appropriate intervals. I got the ticket today and i'm going to request for disclosure once I file for not guilty. I only have one other ticket on my record which was almost 2 years old. Would you guys have any advice as to whether or not I would be able to get the prosecutor to reduce this to no demerit points. The police officer did not reduce the ticket at all and there is no code R

He was also stopped in a no parking/no stopping spot speed trapping. Does this make a difference?

Thanks!

bend

Posting Awards

by: bend on

zra wrote:Particularly, could anyone provide insight as to how I can determine whether or not the cop used a lidar or radar and whether it was tested appropriately.

You'll likely receive the times the device was tested that day during the shift. It'll be in the officers notes and you'll get that through your disclosure request.

zra wrote:Would you guys have any advice as to whether or not I would be able to get the prosecutor to reduce this to no demerit points.

They can only reduce the charge. If the new reduced charged doesn't carry any points, then that's what you get.

zra wrote:He was also stopped in a no parking/no stopping spot speed trapping. Does this make a difference?

No

Post a Reply

Return to “Exceeding the speed limit by 30 to 49 km/h”