A speeding traffic ticket is subject to section 128 of the Highway Traffic Act.
Jane Doe

Any Help On 20 Over Speeding Ticket?

by: Jane Doe on

Hi. I received my ticket in Feb 17 and was charged with driving 80 in 60 km zone. April 5th received trial date for May 8th, 2017. I am going to request disclosure tomorrow should I register mail disclosure request or go file in person at courthouse?

Also, depending on when I get the disclosure how do I know if that is sufficient time to prepare with the Trial being 1 month away? Do I ask for extra time withe the Prosecutor at my Trial date? Any input/feedback appreciated. Thank you.

Whenaxis

Posting Awards

by: Whenaxis on

To request disclosure, either of those options would work. Registered mail is a bit expensive though, and going in-person is inconvenient (unless you live near the courthouse). I usually send disclosure requests by fax to the prosecutor - it saves time and money.

Given that your trial date is a month away, it really depends on how much time you think you will need to prepare a defence. Of course, you are unable to prepare a defence if you do not get disclosure a reasonable time before trial. A "reasonable" time all depends on how much time you think you need to prepare a defence. If you do not get disclosure within a reasonable time before trial or if you do not get disclosure until the date of your trial, you can ask for an adjournment to allow you more time to prepare a defence. If disclosure is not available by the date of your trial, the prosecutor may ask for an adjournment to give them more time to give you disclosure.

Post a Reply