A speeding traffic ticket is subject to section 128 of the Highway Traffic Act.
bzmw

Speeding Ticket + 2 More The Same Day.

by: bzmw on

I got a ticket on 20 September

on 20 December I got a "Notice of trial"

the Trial date - 20 March (Markham road Court)

I just want to know - When should I sent the

1) DISCLOSURE REQUEST

and did I miss

2) TRIAL SCHEDULE REQUEST :)

or I can send them both - to increase pressuer.

p.s.

I heard different oppinions about

DISCLOSURE REQUEST

a) send it asap with pointing RETURN DATE ~21 days since date of sending - and then in 21 days if disclosure not appear - Repeat request ... againg in the same manner... (after 3 times tickets should be canceled)

b) send request before 9 weeks to Trial - so you have chance to Prolong the da date of trial if disclosure wont be in time! Or win it it wont appear ! (more chances?)

one more question - If I have two tickets - SHould I send

separate - DISCLOSURE REQUEST for each of them, in separate Envelope?

what about - TRIAL SCHEDULE REQUEST? :)

and if I dosn't have FAX - can I used Internet Fax Service to send Disclosure Request and Schedule Request?

Like - https://www.myfax.com/free/ for example

or any app from Apple store?

Thanx!!

OTD Legal

Posting Awards

by: OTD Legal on

Generally, you can not create a problem at court and then benefit from it.

If you will be filing your own disclosure request, the court will likely have included a default form with your Notice of Trial. Read the instructions on that form carefully before completed it and serving it upon the Prosecutor's Office or alternate party listed on the form.

The content of this post is not legal advice. Legal advice can only be provided after a licenced paralegal has been retained, spoken with you directly, and reviewed the documents related to your case.
bzmw

more about Strategy please!

Why should I send it ASAP! What terms is more preferable and why?

also

what about TRIAL SCHEDULE REQUEST

Thanx

jsherk wrote:Send disclosure request as soon as possible.

If the charges were given at the same time by same officer, you can just send one request.

I always use those free online fax services.

jsherk
High Authority
High Authority

by: jsherk on

I dont know what you mean by TRIAL SCHEDULE REQUEST... you said that you already got the Notice of Trial with your trial date.

As far as disclosure goes, it is YOUR responsibility to ask for it and it is YOUR responsibility to see if it is ready to be picked up. If you are wanting to reschedule because you did not get it, you could wait until trial date and play dumb and say you did not know you could ask for it until then. However if you are thinking of trying for an 11b charter stay (right to speedy trial) then delays caused by you are NOT counted in the time frame. So if you ask for it now and they dont have it for you, then the delay counts against the prosecution, but if you don't ask until trial day then the delay will count against you.

+++ This is not legal advice, only my opinion +++
bzmw

jsherk wrote:

I always use those free online fax services.

The Fax has been sent by the Internet Service - and I got a confirmation of sending,

but

they can't confirm that a fax was received. They can only confirm that it was sent successfully from their end.

What about that? How to be sure the court got it?

Thanx

lolwut

by: lolwut on

With regard to "applying pressure" to the court, never forget that your tickets are a few out of thousands, and nobody at the court or the police agency is going to be stressed out about your trial.

Just go by the book. Any shenanigans you pull can only serve to hurt you down the road.

Post a Reply