ben1911

Exceeding Speed Limit By 36km/h In A 80km/h Zone - Disclosure Included

by: ben1911 on

Hi all,

I got speeding ticket driving 116km/h in a 80km/h zone (36 over the limit) in April 2018 and my trial is March 2019, i received the disclosure yesterday and attached the link below, please help me to have a look and advice what should I do in this case? Should I hire paralegal and go to trial or pay the fine before the trial?

To what extend it affect my insurance rate?

Disclosure link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M0P7LX ... sp=sharing

Thanks for reading

QBall

Posting Awards

by: QBall on

Without knowing who you are insured with and what your current driving record is like it is near impossible to say. Knowing who you are insured with is important because every company has different underwriting rules. 36 Km/H over is a minor moving violation, however with some insurance companies having one minor on your record might not affect your rates at all, however some insurers have a discount if you have no moving violations on your record, so having one minor means you'll lose the discount (amount of discount varies). Also if you have other moving violations and/or accidents which are your fault on your record could mean being convicted of another moving violation, even a minor one, could result in a surcharge or it could be the straw that breaks the camel's back and you might not be renewed by your insurer at all. At this point the best person to ask this question is your broker/agent/insurer. They know your situation and can accurately answer the question.

ben1911

by: ben1911 on

QBall wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:34 pm

Without knowing who you are insured with and what your current driving record is like it is near impossible to say. Knowing who you are insured with is important because every company has different underwriting rules. 36 Km/H over is a minor moving violation, however with some insurance companies having one minor on your record might not affect your rates at all, however some insurers have a discount if you have no moving violations on your record, so having one minor means you'll lose the discount (amount of discount varies). Also if you have other moving violations and/or accidents which are your fault on your record could mean being convicted of another moving violation, even a minor one, could result in a surcharge or it could be the straw that breaks the camel's back and you might not be renewed by your insurer at all. At this point the best person to ask this question is your broker/agent/insurer. They know your situation and can accurately answer the question.

Thanks for your reply.

My insurance company is TD, so what so you think?

Post a Reply