Lori Pollard

I Am Replying To Someone Who Posted Re The Law I Believe It Is 172(2) Introduced In 2007

by: Lori Pollard on

I am replying to someone who posted re the law I believe it is 172(2) introduced in 2007 which changed speeding into a 7 day licence suspension, 7 day vehicle impoundment and a court date with a range of convictions up and including jail time!! I understand why that particular law was introduced. The different interpretations especially where it can be called unconsitutional are astounding!! Is there a petition somewhere available to be signed? If so there are alot of people who would like to sign that petition!! LMK please!!

bend

Posting Awards

by: bend on

You're about a decade too late on this.

They call these administrative suspensions. They are not limited to speeding, but this particular one for 50+ definitely gets the most attention.

If your blood alcohol levels are enough to impair but not enough to call it drunk driving, you can receive a roadside suspension of 3 days.

If you go to the work water cooler, black out, and end up in the hospital, your doctor is required to notify the MTO. Your license will be automatically suspended and it's up to a doctor to eventually clear you to drive.

The courts have decided that there is no violation of your rights because it's not your right to drive in the first place.

It's the same premise that allows an officer in Ontario to stop your vehicle for no other reason than to check your license, insurance, ownership.

Post a Reply