argyll
VIP
VIP

Posting Awards

by: argyll on

Speedtaxed wrote:

Do you honestly think you could hit a car 300 meters away in the dark moving at between 80 to 121km /hr with a gun? I don't even think a sniper can make that shot most of the time from the ground nevermind an overweight police officer that's very unskilled compared to the sniper sitting in an upright position possibly with a donut or coffee in his other hand. It is the same principle except instead of bullets you are firing off light beams. Yes you don't have a recoil, but still, you can't make the shot and you know it.

That's an easy shot for a sniper and an easy shot for a police officer - we're talking about a vehicle coming towards you down the road so there is very minimal lateral movement. Having been an infantry Captain and a police officer I suspect I know a bit more about it than you.

By all means post but your completely unnecessary constant juvenile put-downs of the policing profession are reaching the point where I think you might just be a troll seeing how far you can push things before you get banned.

Former Ontario Police Officer. Advice will become less relevant as the time goes by !
sparrow

by: sparrow on

Thanks everyone for chipping in. I haven't had a chance to revisit this forum until today. I'm having a hard time following the thread to see if I have a case or not.

Here is some additional information, as well as the 3 pages that were provided to relating to the LIDAR gun.

I was travelling East (Towards Kitchener). I was stopped at Highway 7 & Walker's Line (https://www.google.ca/maps/place/ON-7+% ... 80.7118799

As you can see, there was a curve and the lights of the officer turned on before I passed him. He must have got his reading while the car was still turning and approaching him. Does that help?

Thanks again.

Attachments
Lidar-manual-pg1.jpg
Lidar-manual-pg1.jpg (9.3 KiB) Viewed 3495 times
Lidar-manual-pg2.jpg
Lidar-manual-pg2.jpg (36.7 KiB) Viewed 3495 times
Lidar-manual-pg3.jpg
Lidar-manual-pg3.jpg (46.26 KiB) Viewed 3495 times
Post a Reply