alleycat685

Failing To Stop For A School Bus Questions

by: alleycat685 on

So I unintentionally failed to stop for a school bus - kids were not coming off the bus or anything (not that it matters). There was no officer on scene but I have a feeling that the bus driver wrote down my licence plate so now I am stressing.

So a couple questions:

(1) For this charge, how likely would it be that I would receive a Part III Summons instead of a ticket w/fine? (I live in Peel Region and this would be my first offence for this)

(3) How likely would it be that I would receive a ticket as a Driver vs Owner (the car isn't registered in my name and my car windows were tinted)?

(2) If I do receive a ticket, how long should I expect to receive it? I've read 23 days (does this include weekends or is it business days) and then some people say 6 months...any clarification would be great.

I honestly feel sick over this and have not been able to sleep due to the anxiety so any clarification would be helpful. If a ticket is received as an owner, I don't care - I will pay the fine since it won't impact the insurance. I am just googling it (which I know I shouldn't) and reading stories of officers showing up at people's houses and places of work, which has freaking me out.

DCamM

Posting Awards

by: DCamM on

If an officer shows up at your door, you definitely want to exercise your right to remain silent.

Be polite and say you're not interested in answering any questions .... period.

***I am not a lawyer, I have no legal qualifications and my opinions could well be wrong***.
screeech

by: screeech on

If the car is not registered to you, there is no fear they will show up at your house, the only way that would happen is if they could positively identify you...they may show up at the registered owners house though...you may want to have a chat with the registered owner and advise them the possibility does exist that the police may end up knocking at the door...the police may, or may not, have a ticket for the registered owner or maybe it will be an education thing...no one will know until they actually come knocking...

alleycat685

by: alleycat685 on

screeech wrote:If the car is not registered to you, there is no fear they will show up at your house, the only way that would happen is if they could positively identify you...they may show up at the registered owners house though...you may want to have a chat with the registered owner and advise them the possibility does exist that the police may end up knocking at the door...the police may, or may not, have a ticket for the registered owner or maybe it will be an education thing...no one will know until they actually come knocking...

@screech, myself and the register owner live at the same house so they have been informed - and they think I am severely overreacting....

I just want to know the likelihood of a summons vs a ticket in the mail?

Post a Reply