Got a Failing to obey signs traffic ticket?
argyll
VIP
VIP

Posting Awards

Re: Disobey Sign Section 182(2)

by: argyll on

ppstream1 wrote:To lolwut,

My truck's RGW is 8000kg, its a Hino 185

So your truck is an 8 ton truck, right ? Am I missing something ?

Former Ontario Police Officer. Advice will become less relevant as the time goes by !
ppstream1

by: ppstream1 on

well in the city bylaw, the heavy truck defined "A commercial vehicle having a weight, when unloaded, of three (3) tonnes or more or, when loaded, of five (5) tonnes or more" so if I am loading as long as my truck is no more than 5t I am ok, correct me if I am wrong

jsherk
High Authority
High Authority

by: jsherk on

I usually do not say too much to the prosecutor and wait until I am in front of Judge/Justice of the Peace during either cross-examination of the officer or for my own testimony.

+++ This is not legal advice, only my opinion +++
argyll
VIP
VIP

Posting Awards

by: argyll on

ppstream1 wrote:well in the city bylaw, the heavy truck defined "A commercial vehicle having a weight, when unloaded, of three (3) tonnes or more or, when loaded, of five (5) tonnes or more" so if I am loading as long as my truck is no more than 5t I am ok, correct me if I am wrong

A commercial vehicle having a weight,

when unloaded, of three (3) tonnes or more

or,

when loaded, of five (5) tonnes or more

As your truck is heavier than 3 tonnes when it is unladen then it meets the classification.

So would a truck that weighs 2.5 tonnes if it was carrying 3 tonnes of goods. The 'or' is the key.

Former Ontario Police Officer. Advice will become less relevant as the time goes by !
screeech

by: screeech on

The officer will produce a copy of the ownership which will show the registered gross weight. That weight, as you say is 8,000Kg, therefore, you are well over the 5 ton rule...The ownership will also have an empty weight on it: is that over 3,000 tons?

Post a Reply