OTD Legal

Posting Awards

by: OTD Legal on

jsherk wrote:

If they offer you a deal for Speeding 49 over, then you should probably take that and run. Here is why...

To put just a slightly fine point on this, it depends. If it is your lucky day that the particular Prosecutor has a busy docket, is being generous, and has no serious defects in their case. Yes, it may be a good deal to accept.

However, if the offer is due to weak case or a fatal error in their case, then it may not be a good deal to accept.

Generally, neither the prosecution nor the defence can discuss potential resolutions until they have each received and reviewed the evidence relevant to the given case.

The content of this post is not legal advice. Legal advice can only be provided after a licenced paralegal has been retained, spoken with you directly, and reviewed the documents related to your case.
jsherk
High Authority
High Authority

by: jsherk on

Yes OTD makes good point, so let me clarify what I would do...

If offered the 49 over speeding charge, I would then nicely ask if I can review disclosure before deciding whether to accept it or not.

- The prosecutor may say YES which is what you want because now you can review officers notes to see if there are any problems/errors and then decide whether to fight because you have a good chance to win, or take the deal they offered you.

- The prosecutor may also say NO take the deal now or it will not be offered again. In this case, based on the possibility of a SERIOUS insurance implication if you lose, then it might be best to just take the deal.

+++ This is not legal advice, only my opinion +++
Post a Reply