A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

Zatota

Posting Awards

Re: Speeding And Follow Too Closely

by: Zatota on

When I gave my name to the Prosecutor, she pulled out the court copies of the trial notices and paperwork. Under the date stamped notation that I had requested disclosure, I saw the handwritten notation "Unanswered WDx2." Madam Prosecutor told me the Officer had not responded to the court's request (he didn't show up either), so she would be withdrawing both matters.

I didn't expect that! But I'm certainly not complaining.

argyll
VIP
VIP

Posting Awards

by: argyll on

Well good for you and, to be honest, shame on the officer. If you are going to lay a charge then it should proceed...otherwise you're just wasting everyone's time and giving you grief for no reason.

Former Ontario Police Officer. Advice will become less relevant as the time goes by !
Zatota

Posting Awards

by: Zatota on

argyll wrote:Well good for you and, to be honest, shame on the officer. If you are going to lay a charge then it should proceed...otherwise you're just wasting everyone's time and giving you grief for no reason.
I don't disagree. Part of me actually thinks he had no notes. He sped away from the shoulder before I'd even restarted my car. Unless he typed them really quickly before bringing me the tickets, he didn't have time to make any. He was really angry when he pulled me over, as I may have mentioned initially. He probably just wanted to piss me off and waste my time, perhaps hoping I wouldn't fight the tickets or request disclosure. Of course, I wonder whether he would have shown up if I hadn't.

But all's well that ends well.

Post a Reply