A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

curiousottman

No Valid Permit - No Valid Sticker Plate 7(1)(a) 7(1)(c)(i)

by: curiousottman on

Friend of mine was stopped for having no sticker on his plate and also no matching sticker on the back of the registration. 7(1)(a) and 7(1)(c)(i).

Now I know that you need the yearly sticker on the plate.

However I have read somewhere that I can't find that you no longer need the matching white sticker on the back of the registration.

Is this true? Should that ticket be withdrawn? If so can someone point to a link that clearly states this for the province of Ontario.

Thank you all.

J

jsherk
High Authority
High Authority

by: jsherk on

Take a look at this thread, towards the bottom of page 1 and onto page 2:

http://www.ontariohighwaytrafficact.com/topic7631.html

The sticker is NOT required per Ontario Regualtion 628

https://www.ontario.ca/laws/regulation/900628

Section 6(2) says:

Evidence of validation for a permit shall be affixed to a number plate for the vehicle in accordance with this Regulation, and the portion of the evidence of validation not intended for the number plate may be affixed in the appropriate space provided on the permit for the vehicle.

SHALL = must put it on plate.

MAY = optionally you can put it on permit or not.

+++ This is not legal advice, only my opinion +++
Decatur

Posting Awards

by: Decatur on

But subsection one says:

6. (1) A permit for a motor vehicle shall be validated by means of evidence of validation provided by the Ministry.

The reason subsection 2 says that "the portion of the evidence of validation not intended for the number plate may be affixed in the appropriate space provided on the permit for the vehicle."

Is because if you get a replace,net permit, they can't five you a replacement portion to go on the back of the permit without replacing the sticker on the car. In this case they print the expiration date of the permit on he front of the new permit.

Either way, the permit must be validated.

Post a Reply