nometalgear

Posting Awards

by: nometalgear on

jsherk wrote:You should ask as far in advance of the court date as possible.

what are these documents called? do i request them through letters? the city is 250km away from where I live.

I tried calling them but no clear answer was provided, again I asked for video recording and they said they dont record, Im assuming similar answer will be given for a request of those documents

jsherk
High Authority
High Authority

by: jsherk on

Send a DISCLOSURE request to the Prosecutors office. Call them and ask for their fax number and then fax it as that is easiest. You can mail it if you want to send registered letter, but that costs money. Or you can drop if off in person.

+++ This is not legal advice, only my opinion +++
nometalgear

Posting Awards

jsherk wrote:Send a DISCLOSURE request to the Prosecutors office. Call them and ask for their fax number and then fax it as that is easiest. You can mail it if you want to send registered letter, but that costs money. Or you can drop if off in person.

So I requested a disclosure, and the only thing i received was the officer's notes. does that mean they dont have the records or was i required to ask for them explicitly ?

jsherk
High Authority
High Authority

by: jsherk on

You need to specifically ask for whatever you want AND give reasons why you think it is relevant.

Most likely you will NOT get anything from them though, other than the notes, but if you ask you can then make a charter challenge for not receiving it and it adds a reason for an appeal.

+++ This is not legal advice, only my opinion +++
nometalgear

Posting Awards

jsherk wrote:You need to specifically ask for whatever you want AND give reasons why you think it is relevant.

Most likely you will NOT get anything from them though, other than the notes, but if you ask you can then make a charter challenge for not receiving it and it adds a reason for an appeal.

Thanks. that cleared up some confusion.

nometalgear

Posting Awards

UPDATE regarding my court:

went to meet my paralegal, the ticket seemed to be easily dismissable, then the paralegal told me that he received more documents as disclosure. these documents came from another officer who wasn't involved in the traffic stop, but it basically said that this officer caught me on the highway speeding with his radar. i told him this is bullcrap but he was very hesitant to go for trial. anyways, ended up accepting a guilty plea for 170-12 0 points 60$.

moral of the story: never hire a paralegal unless you know for sure that he is really good and he is confident.

Post a Reply