rank

Re: 44km/h Over - 5 Great Questions Inside :)

by: rank on

Maybe ask your broker (and a couple of new ones since not all brokers deal with all insurance companies) to quote you a hypothetical rate with a new ins co to see if you can get similar premium if you take a plea. Some insurance companies will give you a free ticket.

RandySolara

Posting Awards

by: RandySolara on

arzon wrote:Hey guys, I got some great advice so far on here, thought I would pick your brain a bit more :)

I was pulled over doing 44 over, the cop set up a trap on highway 7 right where the speed limit changes from 80 to 60. This was my first offense, he did not reduce it.

I have an early resolution setup next week, I don't have any disclosure or notes so I'm not sure what the details of the officer's notes are - I'm not looking for anything other than having the charge fully dropped so a plea is unacceptable.

1) With the above being said, I understand that it's extremely unlikely that the prosecutor will drop the case in the ER for whatever reason, especially without me having full disclosure.

This makes me not even want to attend ER. If I don't go to my ER, it mentions everywhere (all gov't info) that I can be automatically convicted. Is this true? If I don't go, can I still request/schedule a trial?

-also my meeting is at 9am, do I have to arrive at that time or can I come later like 12pm (just wondering)

2) I was in an uber recently and my driver was a 'law student' (I know everyone cringes at advice given by students haha, I'm also skeptical) but I was just curious to hear his thoughts. He mentioned that cops get paid to go to the first trial and it's mandatory for them, meanwhile they are not obligated/paid for the second one if it gets postponed. Is that true?

-he mentioned that postponing to a second trial would provide the best possibility for the cop to not show up

3) I've been reading mix opinions in regards to hiring a paralegal, so my question is what can a paralegal do that the average person cannot in order to win the case or have it dropped?

-assuming the average person has done a crazy amount of reading and has become pretty well informed/educated

4) I've understood that paralegals have a relationship with certain JPs and Prosecutors, so they (pay?) for the cop not to show up or have them drop it (or something like that). True?

5) I've been speaking to a few paralegals trying to understand what value they'll personally bring, what strategy they'll put forth, how they usually tackle these kinds of charges (with a radar gun), etc. Yet no one can really give me a definitive answer. They just mention they'll request disclosure, go to court for me, etc.

I understand that they are 'experts' but if I'm going to pay an expert I expect them to go above and beyond what the average person can do which is the basic foundation.

Thanks for your time :)

Make sure you do not HIRE XCOPPER they are one of the nonsense paralegal i have ever met, 3 years ago i had same ticket on Don Valley parkway like yours i got ticket reduced though, i hired Xcopper what they did was, plea of guilty and damn they DID NOT PAY THE COURT they made me went to the Court and pay for the court service, i've spent 350$ for Xcopper and pay around 150$ with tax for the Court Service in East Court Scarborough.

i hired Xcopper because i did not have time i thought spend the $$ would save me sometime but F- spent 350$ and waste another 150$ and my time to attend at court. Everytime i see someone get speeding ticket it reminds me of XRobber not Xcopper !

Ya Xcopper should change their Com name to Xrobber !

RandySolara

Posting Awards

by: RandySolara on

rank wrote:Maybe ask your broker (and a couple of new ones since not all brokers deal with all insurance companies) to quote you a hypothetical rate with a new ins co to see if you can get similar premium if you take a plea. Some insurance companies will give you a free ticket.

My Auto Insurance forgave me 1 major conviction ticket, it's Pempridge Auto Insurance (my Broker is Dracup Broker)

If you want good deal on your Auto Insurance contact Dave Lehman

Dave Lehman

Registered Insurance Broker for

Dracup Insurance Brokers Limited

Home,Auto, Marine, Commercial

2-24 Orchard Heights Blvd

Aurora, Ont. L4G 3W3

Office ph. 905-222-2447x104

Fax 905-222-3515

Joshua 24:15

Post a Reply