Careless Driving Charge , All Wrong Info On Ticket.

A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, hwybear, Reflections, admin, Decatur, bend

fenb814

Careless Driving Charge , All Wrong Info On Ticket.

Unread post by fenb814 »

Ill explain this ticket in some detail so that I can get some much needed assistance and advice on what to do in this situation.

Over the long weekend I got in a minor rear end collision with another vehicle ( rate of speed 25km). No officer showed up on scene as no one was injured. The vehicle was towed to the collision centre and I was told to write a report and submitted it to the police officer at the front desk. The ticket I received was for careless driving . The ticket has multiple errors. These errors include , incorrect name ( name of other person in crash ) incorrect address , incorrect postal code , incorrect D.0.B , incorrect drivers license number and incorrect plate number.

My question is , should I call the court house and let them know the issue ? Or should I not mention it and request a trial ( option 3 ).

Are these problems enough for the ticket to get dropped ?

Thanks in advance .

jsherk
High Authority
High Authority

Unread post by jsherk »

Well if EVERYTHING on it is wrong, including your name, then the ticket actually is not for you and you do not have to respond to it at all.

+++ This is not legal advice, only my opinion +++
fenb814

Unread post by fenb814 »

yes . Everything on the ticket is incorrect. But originally the ticket was meant for me. So should I call the court house and explain? I feel that not responding to the ticket may cause some problems on my end.

jsherk
High Authority
High Authority

Unread post by jsherk »

Well if you really want the ticket, then go right ahead and tell them all about their mistakes.

If it was me, I would just keep it somewhere safe and if a conviction ever showed up on my record, then I can say that I never got a ticket and that I was only given a ticket for somebody else.

+++ This is not legal advice, only my opinion +++
Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

Unread post by Stanton »

The only crummy thing in this situation is that it sounds like the ticket was properly made out in the other driver's name. The courts won't know about this mistake and the other driver will end up getting convicted in absentia.