A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: admin, hwybear, Radar Identified, Reflections, bend, Decatur

fenb814

Careless Driving Charge , All Wrong Info On Ticket.

by: fenb814 on

Ill explain this ticket in some detail so that I can get some much needed assistance and advice on what to do in this situation.

Over the long weekend I got in a minor rear end collision with another vehicle ( rate of speed 25km). No officer showed up on scene as no one was injured. The vehicle was towed to the collision centre and I was told to write a report and submitted it to the police officer at the front desk. The ticket I received was for careless driving . The ticket has multiple errors. These errors include , incorrect name ( name of other person in crash ) incorrect address , incorrect postal code , incorrect D.0.B , incorrect drivers license number and incorrect plate number.

My question is , should I call the court house and let them know the issue ? Or should I not mention it and request a trial ( option 3 ).

Are these problems enough for the ticket to get dropped ?

Thanks in advance .

jsherk
High Authority
High Authority

by: jsherk on

Well if you really want the ticket, then go right ahead and tell them all about their mistakes.

If it was me, I would just keep it somewhere safe and if a conviction ever showed up on my record, then I can say that I never got a ticket and that I was only given a ticket for somebody else.

+++ This is not legal advice, only my opinion +++
Post a Reply