A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

RandySolara

Posting Awards

Question About Red Light Camera On Highway 7 And Bathurst !

by: RandySolara on

Around 3 months ago my friend told me that he thinks he ran Red Light on highway 7. ok his car was 1-2 meters away the Stop Line when the Light turned RED he then couldn't stop so he ran because Speed Limit on HWY7 is 80km/h and you all know none of drivers do under 80km/h they always at 83-85km/h, i thought so too that he will get a red light camera ticket but it has been 3 months now no mail nothing !

Now it's my turn, me and my friend work at the same place, Yesterday the sun was so shines on highway7 and Bathurst the intersection after the bridge i was traveling east bound, i think i ran red light too, i was changing to middle lane so i can see the countdown clock easier, after i changed lane i looked up the light i saw RED ? BUT NO AMBER OR YELLOW LIGHT ??? highway 7 intersection red light is weird, this happens so many times, i did not think i ran red light camera until i check my VIDEO DASH CAM. according to my Camera my car was 3-5 meters away from the STOP LINE when it already turned red. My friend was like 1 meter away or half meter.

My question is, why don't they have AMBER and WARNING LIGHT ? it's 80km/h NO CAR COULD STOP with that speed and distance, if we slam the brake it causes more accident ? honestly who the hell setup those Camera on highway 7 ? so dumb man. At least give us the time line with Amber light warning, i am an experience long time driver but highway7 intersection light is kinda confuse, in USA they give you the countdown + big sign, on highway 7 80km/h but no warning light you can't see clearly with the countdown clock but they are not accordance to the light, sometimes the countdown over but the green light still stay, no amber and SUDDENLY it turns read ???? and they setup camera ???. YOu government want our money, you apparently don't give a damn about OUR SAFETY, all you do is talk talk talk.

We already stress at work and now we stress on the road too, no wondering there are many roadrage incidents, how much tax have we paid per year ? give us a break with the red light camera please, before fine was 180$ now 350$ in USA only 100$ , this is not a DUI or distract driving or we doing it on purpose, you guys setup Camera light that is kinda STRESS OUT MORE DRIVERS more rear end more accident.

Just expressing out my feeling incase that red light camera owner reads ! i think they forgave my friend cause he was like meter away after it turned red, i think i get this ticket because i was like 3-4 meters, is there demerit point or insurance involvement ? damn if i ran it on purpose i wouldnt say a word, but i definitely could not stop with 3-4 meters distance on that 80km/h, i wish i have Bugati Veyon or a Brembo Brake.

RandySolara

Posting Awards

jsherk wrote:So does your video show the light changing directly from a green light to red light with no amber light?

For red light camera tickets, it is the OWNER of the vehicle that is charged not the driver, so there are no demerits and no insurance increase.

Yep it turned directly from Green to Red without Amber warning, this happens many times on Highway 7 that's why i double check with my DASHCAM to be exact i was 3 meters when it already turned Red without Yellow Amber,

i hope they reduce speed limit all on highway 7 to 60km/h it's easy braking than 80km/h as well as reset the countdown clock and Light function.

Highway 7 from Vaughn to Richmond hill is my route everyday from home to work, i have seen many Rear End incident due to the Red light Camera, i've seen T-bone incidents too but based on my knowledge T-bone mostly happens to Drivers doing an improper Left Turn or did not stop Red light on Right Turn.

I'm just stressed out, i want to be a perfect clean record drivers, i have never had any conviction for over 10 years. Only parking ticket !

Thanks for your time and quick answer Mr. jsherk

jsherk
High Authority
High Authority

by: jsherk on

If there was no amber light, then clearly you had no warning that it was going to change to red and could not slow down. This is also very dangerous as this is not how lights are supposed to operate.

I would fight the ticket and take the video with you to court. Make sure you put the video on an external USB stick and bring a laptop that it will play on. If you just bring your dashcam they may want to keep it for evidence. If you bring a laptop with the video on the laptop, they may want to keep the laptop as evidence. If you put the video on an external USB stick ($6 at Staples) then they can keep the USB stick and you can take your laptop and dashcam back home with you.

I would also immediately send copies of this video to the local municipality... copy it to the mayor, councillors and whoever runs the public works departments. Maybe even the chief of police in that area. This is clearly a mistake and very dangerous and should be fixed.

+++ This is not legal advice, only my opinion +++
screeech

by: screeech on

Has anyone else ever seen a traffic light, in Ontario, go directly to red, from green, without and amber light in between? I have been driving for a long time now, and have traveled throughout this very large province and I have never seen that...I haven't even heard of that happening in Ontario...a malfunctioning light perhaps?

RandySolara

Posting Awards

daggx wrote:Highway 7 is maintained by York Region. If the amber light at that intersection isn't working pleas report it to the Road Maintenance Department.

Phone: 905-830-4444 Ext. 75200

Toll Free: 1-877-464-9675 Ext. 75200

E-mail: TRN_Roads_Operations_Dispatch@york.ca

i Will upload video on Youtube, my dash cam is crappy though, if you take Highway 7 rout from Dufferin langstaff to 404 Richmond Hill everyday, you'll see what i'm talking about, i said sometimes it does that on this route. ill get the better video quality later and ill post it next time.

Thanks for the contact info, ill contact them by mail with video link

RandySolara

Posting Awards

jsherk wrote:If there was no amber light, then clearly you had no warning that it was going to change to red and could not slow down. This is also very dangerous as this is not how lights are supposed to operate.

I would fight the ticket and take the video with you to court. Make sure you put the video on an external USB stick and bring a laptop that it will play on. If you just bring your dashcam they may want to keep it for evidence. If you bring a laptop with the video on the laptop, they may want to keep the laptop as evidence. If you put the video on an external USB stick ($6 at Staples) then they can keep the USB stick and you can take your laptop and dashcam back home with you.

I would also immediately send copies of this video to the local municipality... copy it to the mayor, councillors and whoever runs the public works departments. Maybe even the chief of police in that area. This is clearly a mistake and very dangerous and should be fixed.

i transferred it to my Laptop right away, thanks for the tip sir.

RandySolara

Posting Awards

bend wrote:I've never seen a light go straight red. In fact, the red light ticket should have an Amber code at the top of the photos indicating how long since the amber indication was given.

But if there's video of it, it would be nice to see it. Even the ticket for that matter.

here you go video don't lie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFSbR3Pa8v4 at 0:40

RandySolara

Posting Awards

UnluckyDuck wrote:I've seen a light go from green to red, but it was because the bulb was blown out for yellow on both (other side had a yellow.)

Blown bulb won't show any light at 3-5 seconds at the time, Red light turns from RED to Yellow or Green in 1 second, the Yellow Light which is Amber Warning give you 3-5 seconds warning before it goes RED, i'm not working at Traff Control Center but if you ask one of them they will say the same as me. Video tells no lies https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFSbR3Pa8v4 at 0:40

bend

Posting Awards

by: bend on

RandySolara wrote:here you go video don't lie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFSbR3Pa8v4 at 0:40

It's hard to see much of anything from this video. There's this gif i've attached. Here's also a still:

If you've got a better video and/or the ticket, i'm sure people would like to see it. I don't think this video proves or disproves much of anything in this state.

RandySolara

Posting Awards

bend wrote:
RandySolara wrote:here you go video don't lie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFSbR3Pa8v4 at 0:40

It's hard to see much of anything from this video. There's this gif i've attached. Here's also a still:

If you've got a better video and/or the ticket, i'm sure people would like to see it. I don't think this video proves or disproves much of anything in this state.

I'm getting a new dashcam, i got this from Stable for 50$ 4 years ago, ya the video is so cheap, to be honest i don't mind getting a ticket the reason i speak up because of the Road-Safety not for myself but for everyone on the road, believe me i hate Speeding, red light runner and tailgater. i'm not defending myself ill stand with justice however if the Intersection light was malfunction, there will be more accident and family will lost their loved one, i have an old mom a Wife and a Son to take care of so does others. I don't really know why i always pay attention to the Red Light Intersection, as you can see in the video i did not speed !

Ya it has been 2 weeks now i'm waiting for the ticket ill post it up here whenever it arrives. if the picture in the ticket really show that there was Yellow Amber warning then it was my fault not paying enough attention. Ill be happy to volunteer the payment and pay more attention next time weather there camera or not, thank you for your pic sir.

Post a Reply