A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

RandySolara

Posting Awards

Re: Question About Red Light Camera On Highway 7 And Bathurs

by: RandySolara on

bend wrote:
RandySolara wrote:here you go video don't lie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFSbR3Pa8v4 at 0:40

It's hard to see much of anything from this video. There's this gif i've attached. Here's also a still:

If you've got a better video and/or the ticket, i'm sure people would like to see it. I don't think this video proves or disproves much of anything in this state.

Ok, new update with the video, i invited 3 friends over and watched this video, they all said it jumped from Green to Red, one of them explained, even though we cannot see the video clear but there are 3 "Circle Bulbs if the light did turn yellow before it went red THEN WE MUST SEE THE MIDDLE CIRCLE LIGHTS UP but it did not" so obviously it was malfunction. If it turned Yellow there no way you missed it, said a friend.

bend

Posting Awards

by: bend on

In my opinion the lights were indeed amber. It's more noticeable on the left turn traffic signal, but your video is the equivalent of a bigfoot sighting.

Another tip off is the vehicle beside you looks to decelerate at approximately 3-4 seconds before the light turns red, which just happens to be the length most amber lights at set at.

If I had to guess, it looks like you had tunnel vision on your lane change and missed the light completely.

Either way, all this ranting about cost and government (where most of your facts were wrong anyways) and there's no ticket.

This thread can only go so far at this point.

RandySolara

Posting Awards

bend wrote:In my opinion the lights were indeed amber. It's more noticeable on the left turn traffic signal, but your video is the equivalent of a bigfoot sighting.

Another tip off is the vehicle beside you looks to decelerate at approximately 3-4 seconds before the light turns red, which just happens to be the length most amber lights at set at.

If I had to guess, it looks like you had tunnel vision on your lane change and missed the light completely.

Either way, all this ranting about cost and government (where most of your facts were wrong anyways) and there's no ticket.

This thread can only go so far at this point.

Thanks, i agreed with you, i should get a better dashcam, the Red Light Camera operator did contact me, Yep they did send out the ticket, they invited an Engineer to check and you know what i can't say nothing because my video is not that clear to prove it. This is just a lesson anyways, thanks for all your time spending in my topic.

This is one of the best traffic forum that you can tell your sad story and question asks. U guys are the best.

RandySolara

Posting Awards

Just received the ticket, they said my car entered the intersection 1.5 second after it turned red, i was gonna post up here but no point, not going to fight it because i'm not gonna win.

Anyone knows where to pay the ticket ? it's 325$ , can i pay it at parking offend office ? their office is in Newmarket damn far, i live in Downtown Toronto.

Damn it's 325$ dollars = 3 carton of my Cigarettes and 4 cases of Beers ! no party for me for 1 week !

Zatota

Posting Awards

by: Zatota on

It's probably within the jurisdiction of the Richmond Hill Court in the Yonge and Highway 7 area. You may want to consider fighting it anyway; from my limited experience with red light camera offences, the prosecutor will often offer a reduced fine for a guilty plea. Then again, that may have ended with last year's ruling about set fines.

Either way, you may also be able to pay over the phone or online by credit card. May as well earn some reward points while you're at it.

RandySolara

Posting Awards

bend wrote:Above the pictures, it should say amber and have a number. What does it say?

checked the paper, it said Amber 5.1 s Red 1.2 s , so it was the Sun to blame + i missed it when i was changing lane, they should reduce speed to 60km/h in that area. i've been driven for 15 years this is my 1st time running red light.

May i ask, if i don't have to to pay, the ticket will go into Sticker Renewal ? any penalty etc ?

Anyone knows their phone number or address please ? its York Region!

daggx

Posting Awards

by: daggx on

There are two provincial offences offices in York Region. I'm not sure which one applies in your case so I posted the numbers for both. I would double check the fine print on the ticket though, usually they have their contact info on there somewhere. If there is nothing on the ticket, try calling both offices and see which one is the right one.

Newmarket Court (Tannery Mall):

Telephone: 905-898-0425

Toll free: 1-877-331-3309

Richmond Hill Court (South Services Centre):

Telephone: 905-762-2105

Toll free 1-866-758-0750

Link: http://www.york.ca/wps/portal/yorkhome/ ... -R4XPArK70

RandySolara

Posting Awards

daggx wrote:There are two provincial offences offices in York Region. I'm not sure which one applies in your case so I posted the numbers for both. I would double check the fine print on the ticket though, usually they have their contact info on there somewhere. If there is nothing on the ticket, try calling both offices and see which one is the right one.

Newmarket Court (Tannery Mall):

Telephone: 905-898-0425

Toll free: 1-877-331-3309

Richmond Hill Court (South Services Centre):

Telephone: 905-762-2105

Toll free 1-866-758-0750

Link: http://www.york.ca/wps/portal/yorkhome/ ... -R4XPArK70

Wow thanks so much this is what i'm looking for, 300$ is nothing to me, the reason i asked because i don't want my WIFE to know, if she know i Ran red light she will bite me until my head explodes, Happy Wife happy Life ! i wanna go straight their and pay them, if i pay by Visa/Master the record will be on the bills, wow i don't .....her to know ;) alright guys thanks alot, you guys are all the best ! happy Fall !

Last edited by RandySolara on Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post a Reply