A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

2jztoyotaecho

G2 License Suspension

by: 2jztoyotaecho on

Hey

I just ended up accumulating 6 demerit points yesterday and I have my g2. If I went and got my full G would that make it so my licence doesn't get suspended. I have not payed the last ticket or anything yet.

jsherk
High Authority
High Authority

by: jsherk on

Did you already plead guilty, or did you just get the ticket and have not sent it in yet? If it's still within the 15 days you should plead NOT GUILTY and request a trial with the officer present.

You would have to ask the MTO what would happen if you get your full license before you are convicted. I am not sure how that works.

+++ This is not legal advice, only my opinion +++
bend

Posting Awards

by: bend on

Someone can correct me if i'm wrong (i'm pretty confident though), but it doesn't matter whether or not you get your full G license before the conviction. They still apply the penalties according to the date of your charge and license class during that time. The only scenario where this changes is on your 3rd strike under Novice Escalating Sanctions. In that situation, you'd normally have your license cancelled and you'd have to start from the beginning. However, if you manage to graduate to G before that conviction, you'll keep your license and serve a 90 day suspension instead.

Post a Reply