ForteMommy

Officer Made Me Walk To His Car To Give Him Information.

by: ForteMommy on

Hello,

When I was 8 months pregnant I was driving to the hospital for an appointment. That morning I had has some issues and was overly eager to get ot the appointment. In my haste I was caught speeding in a doing 61 in a 40 community zone.

I was super flustered when I saw the officer jump out infront of my car. I pulled over and I had a hard time looking for my licence as I had switch purses. I had it but it took me a while to produce it. The officer I assume got upset that I couldnt find it (it was starting to drizzle) and he told me he was going to his car and that when I found my licence I was to bring it to him and if he honked his horn I was taking to long. Not gonna lie I was super surprised he requested this of me

Now my question is, is that even right? I always hear how officers say the most dangerous part of the job is getting out of the car and standing at someones car on the side of the road and now I have an officer asking me to do this. He was parked I guess in a waiting zone at keele station and I had to walk about 3 car lenghts to get to his crusier....can the police make you get out of your car to give them information?

I was thinking of writing a complaint against the officer, but should I avoid that if I plan to fight the ticket?

If anyone has any insite to this that would be helpful.

OPS Copper

by: OPS Copper on

You did not have the documents ready or handy. I am not going to wait more than reasonable time wile people dig through their car. Bring it back when you find it. I do it all the time. If I get the documents before I print out the tickets you do not get the fail to produce ticket. If you choose to not bring it back you get the ticket and can take it to court.

A 40kmh zone is hardly a dangerous road. Kids ride their bikes in these zone.

I is not like the officer made you walk back along the 401.

Go ahead file the complaint but it will not have bearing on the charges and will mostly be a follow up letter stating there is no allegation of wrong doing so this complaint will be closed.

ops

Post a Reply