Got a Failing to obey signs traffic ticket?
geswc

Disobey Sign 182(2)

by: geswc on

I'm new to this forum and hope to get some insight into my situation ...

I just received a HTA 182(2) ticket relating to a stop sign at a residential area intersection ... and I think I was given a lesser charge instead of the HTA 136 stop sign one. Maybe it was because I was going bit too fast for his liking, or I stopped but not long enough at the intersection? Not sure.

Anyways, I'm debating whether or not to fight this ticket. It's my first ticket ever, so at this point I'm not overly worried about insurance issues. Plus, the charge is already at the lowest 2 demerits.

Is it worth going to trial for this? Wonder what the chances are of the charges actually being removed and ticket eliminated?

Traffic Law

by: Traffic Law on

Paying a ticket is never the best option. You are facing a minor offence and should take all available steps to attempt a win. There are number of ways you can win: disclosure, delays, errors, non attendance of officer, etc.

pvotrainer

by: pvotrainer on

if you something th officer didn't like, it's unlikely he would give you a break. The impression is a stop sign conviction looks worse on your record than a disobey sign conviction. you have the right to a trial, so take it. the officer may not show and your free. the prosecutor can also ask to amend the ticket to the actual offence. Courts a *EDIT* shoot. There is no guarantee t owhat will happen, except the prosecutor wants things donequick

Post a Reply