Left My Wallet At Home

A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Reflections, admin, Radar Identified, hwybear, bend, Decatur

hab-fan

Left My Wallet At Home

Unread post by hab-fan »

.... and was pulled over and asked for license, ownership and insurance, at the time all I could produce was an expired insurance slip. I asked if the officer could follow me to my home (200 yards away) and I could provide him with what he wanted. The answer was, no , and was issued tickets for failure to produce license and insurance proof, 2 tickets $165.

Was or is there not something in the Act that permits you to produce the documents at the station in a short order of time that would make this allgo away ? any other tip would be appreciated , short of telling not to leave my wallet in my other pants! :oops: thanks

FyreStorm

Posting Awards

Unread post by FyreStorm »

Yup, required then and there.

Some services allow up to 72 hours, but it not a right and and it's up to the officer's discretion!

Plenderzoosh

Unread post by Plenderzoosh »

Best bet would be to bring the updated documents with you to the prosecutor and see what they'll do for you. I imagine you should at the very least be able to get one dropped assuming you're apologetic and polite.

Crackerssouth

Unread post by Crackerssouth »

Happened to me once. Moved to a small town, apparently made an illegal left turn into the plaza, no wallet, only $20 stuffed in my pocket for groceries. Certainly impressed the officer with the fact I knew my Driver's license number, I got off, he walked away, amazed.