Discuss traffic ticket Driver failing to ensure infant/child passenger is properly secured
bughead

Booster Seats

by: bughead on

I was pulled over and charged for not having my primary son in a booster seat. I was in a hurry. I kept asking the officer to hurry. To emphasize my time constraint, I informed the officer that I had to be at a medical appointment which was still some distance away and that my spouse was admitted into hospital unexpectedly the day before and that was why I did not have the booster seat as it was in his vehicle.

The officer never the less took her time and made a point of saying that I was not going to make it.

She also reported me to the Children's Aid....needless to say, they were not concerned and agreed the officer's behaviour was inappropriate and vindictive.

Please help me...any case law will help

racer
VIP
VIP

Posting Awards

by: racer on

There was a case, unapplicable as it it is in the US, of a driver charged on a parking lot of a hospital in Dallas as he was hurrying trying to get to see his dying mother-in-law. The officer took his time and acted rude and threatened the driver, a Houston Texans running back Ryan Moats, who did not identify himself as an NFL player at the time. Ryan's mother-in-law died while the officer took 13 minutes to read a lecture, threaten the driver, and write a ticket. Dallas Police chief had placed the officer under administrative leave, but the officer resigned shortly after, after issuing an apology about what had happened.

"The more laws, the less justice" - Marcus Tullius Cicero
"The hardest thing to explain is the obvious"

www.OHTA.ca & www.OntarioHighwayTrafficAct.com
bughead

by: bughead on

I looked into my options about making a formal complaint against the officer, which I am in the process of doing. A formal complaint can be filed with the OPP commissionaire. They do take these complaints seriously, as it appears from their web page. It is so frustrating that it isn't enough that they just can't issue the ticket and let us be on our way.

Post a Reply