Breaking Hta Speeding Law When Fearing Personal Endangerment.

A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Reflections, admin, Radar Identified, hwybear, bend, Decatur

RET

Breaking Hta Speeding Law When Fearing Personal Endangerment.

Unread post by RET »

I was in a huge traffic jam on Eglington Ave, eastbound last summer. Single lane

only. Eventually a car approached me from behind. It was passing cars on the right side by running up on the curb. I was unable to pull over and forced this car to stay behind me.

The occupants of the car appeared to be "bad dudes". The car windows where all blacked out & all I could see was heavy, gold jewelry on the right wrist of the front passenger that was resting on the dash. Eventually, we approached an intersection where the car lurched by me with the outraged occupants heading in the direction of Eglington Square. I turned right at this intersection heading home. About 5 mins. later I noticed this same car following me at distance. I lost them after making a turn thru a residential area & proceeded homeward but they found me again. I lost them momentarily and turned right onto Vic.Pk. and hit a radar trap at 23km.over limit. Police refused my request that I was fearing for my safety, and was trying to escape . "we'll deal with that's later.". I feel my life was endangered. What law exists that I can cite to fight this charge? Thank you.

bend

Posting Awards

Unread post by bend »

It sounds like at no point did you attempt to contact the police. You made no attempts to pull into a gas station, a store, a house, flag a pedestrian, or any person or place where you could ask for help.

Doesn't sound like it's going anywhere.

Cabby033

Posting Awards

Unread post by Cabby033 »

You can always plead not guilty you'll get a trial date were you can request disclosure and review once you receive it you can decide what to do. You will have a chance to meet with the prosecutor before the trial where he may offer you some deal or the officer does not show up. Good luck and don't become discouraged by the negative comments you will read from time to time