Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Ontario Highway Traffic Act

Discuss the Ontario Highway Traffic Act.

Post Your Traffic Ticket, and Get Help!

The Ontario Traffic Ticket Forum!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Check It Out
No unread posts New Set Fines Starting Sept 1st, 2015! Read and Learn Here.

Prosecutor Appointment Tomorrow
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:28 pm 

So I was charged back in May and yes I was on my phone. I'm very busy with school as it is an intensive program and I'm going to miss 3 lectures tomorrow because of it. In short I was told I would get the officers notes mailed to me but never did. I don't want to plead guilty because I'm looking to push this back for a court date which will be after my insurance renews again. I can't afford the suspension during school terms so putting it off is the reasonable choice for me currently.

What should I say/not say?

Re: Prosecutor Appointment Tomorrow
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:06 am 

I totally get what you want to do. I'd probably do the same thing if I were in your situation.

When you get to the Court today, the prosecutor may have the disclosure for you. If so, he or she will give it to you. The prosecutor will probably also offer you a deal. You can ask for a little time to review the disclosure, in which case the prosecutor will probably deal with the next couple of people before getting back to you. You can always refuse the deal, but you run the risk that the prosecutor will not make you the same offer the day of the trial. That will depend on how many trials are scheduled that day, the prosecutor's mood, how good the offer was in the first place and any other factors that arise that day.

If the prosecutor doesn't have the disclosure, it will be easier for you to achieve your goal. The prosecutor may make you an offer anyway, but you can easily say that you're not in a position to decide whether to accept it until you've seen the disclosure. Remember that it's your obligation to follow up on disclosure. If it's been more than a couple of weeks since you were supposed to receive it, the prosecutor may say you should have followed up.

Good luck!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Related topics
 Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. Meeting with the prosecutor tomorrow, need help ASAP!

bachodi

Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:38 pm

screeech View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. meeting with JP tomorrow - not sure what to expect or say?

cizzar

Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:53 pm

Stanton View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. URGENT! Need Help, my court date is tomorrow!

torontoguy398

Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:17 pm

Radar Identified View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Doh - My trial is tomorrow - 4 points 80 in a 50

jjkool

Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:22 pm

jjkool View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Speeding ticket Trial Tomorrow

nattidacious

Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:34 pm

pam View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Careless Driving Ticket Help!! court tomorrow.

dmoodie

Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:36 pm

iFly55 View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Handicap Permit court summons tomorrow

blackstone

Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:56 pm

blackstone View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. 90 km/hr in a 60km/hr zone..Court Date Tomorrow

dkameka

Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:28 am

dkameka View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Help! My trial is tomorrow. Speeding 136kph in a posted 100k

fairsfair07

Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:28 pm

fairsfair07 View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Failed to stop sign, trial tomorrow. Am I ready?

ggman8988

Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:43 am

argyll View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Court Date Tomorrow Need Advice...Suspended unpaid fine

Mossat

Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:47 pm

Simon Borys View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. prosecutor did not get to me, had to leave.

toybus

Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:24 am

toybus View the latest post