Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Ontario Highway Traffic Act

Discuss the Ontario Highway Traffic Act.

Post Your Traffic Ticket, and Get Help!

The Ontario Traffic Ticket Forum!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Check It Out
No unread posts New Set Fines Starting Sept 1st, 2015! Read and Learn Here.

Fail to report accident contrary to highway trafiic act 199
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:01 pm 

I was involved in a accident in parking lot. Talking with the lady she tells me I don't want to call the police my insurance will go up and so on. Even though I hit her car at approx. 3 km/h, I asked her if she was alright and she said yes. I told her my uncle owned a body shop since she didn't want to involve the police and we assessed the damage quickly and figured it would be under 1000$ so there wasn't a need to report it. A few days later I get the quote and comes up to 1200$ to my surprise I call the lady up and tell her I could pay for half since in my opinion I wasn't 100% at fault. She tells me she would have to think about it and that she will call me back. Well shure enough a few hours later a policeman calls me for my statement. He then goes on to say that I am the one at fault for hitting her and that the only fine he can give me his failing to report since it wasn't on the highway and that I didn't make any effort to report which I was fully cooperative with him and that I was a few hours late of reporting first. My question is can I fight this ticket or plead guilty since the law states reporting damages under 1000$ isn't necessary. And if I were to have another quote done that would be under 1000$ could I get away with it.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Related topics
 Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. HTA s.199 - Duty to Report Accident

[ Go to pageGo to page: 1, 2 ]

Biron

Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:53 am

gjl View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. My ticket: Contrary to THE HIGHWAY TRAFFIC ACT 32(1)

sherioteri

Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:47 am

hwybear View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Proceed Contrary to Sign - Highway Traffic Act S144 (9)

inv1si0n

Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:49 pm

inv1si0n View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Proceed Contrary to Sign Highway Traffic Act S144 (9)

inv1si0n

Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:15 pm

inv1si0n View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Fail to report an accident

moritc

Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:39 pm

moritc View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. sect 201 fail to report damage to property on highway

talentzhouyl

Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:34 pm

Stanton View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Clarification re: s.199 Failing to Report

ditchMD

Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:38 am

Radar Identified View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Highway Traffic Act vs Parental Responsibility Act

jimbo427

Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:21 pm

ynotp View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Failure to furnish required information Sec 199 (1) accident

Kaylee

Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:05 pm

Kaylee View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Longboarding and the Highway Traffic Act

JayEmSee

Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:39 pm

FyreStorm View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. HIGHWAY TRAFFICE ACT 141 (5)

Brampton

Tue May 24, 2016 7:47 pm

Brampton View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Ontario Highway Traffic Act Section 75 (1)

MazdaMX3

Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:54 pm

Radar Identified View the latest post