Failing to obey a stop sign - Highway Traffic Act section 136(1).

Fight the ticket?

Yes
50%
No
50%

Total votes: 4

ThaMunsta

Hta 144(18) Via Traffic Camera

by: ThaMunsta on

google puts the intersection about 200m from the hwy turn off.. i would have had 4 second to shoulder check merge and then make a decision about the upcoming intersection.

traffic cam saw the car .5 seconds before the light turned and it was red 1.5 seconds before "i drove through" but i remember it captured the plate while i was in the last part of the intersection..

long story short it had been raining hard and as i was expecting a much longer yellow light i failed to see how it would be safe to stop safely in such a short time with a year old baby in the back seat finally sleeping

do i really have any defense here or should i fork out the 325 and eat my 3 points

edit: long story is.. by the time i merged and looked up to see the yellow light and say to myself "no way i can stop on wet roads" it was red before i knew it.. there wasnt a car in sight so i didnt think much of it.. but i did feel bad i didnt see it sooner

hwybear

Posting Awards

by: hwybear on

what are the 2 intersecting roads?

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
Biron

Posting Awards

by: Biron on

Munsta:

ThaMunsta wrote:...traffic cam saw the car .5 seconds before the light turned and it was red 1.5 seconds before "i drove through" but i remember it captured the plate while i was in the last part of the intersection...

do i really have any defense here or should i fork out the 325 and eat my 3 points

If by traffic cam you mean red light camera system, then is not s.144 ( 18 ); it's s.144 ( 18.1 ).

Virtually impossible to defend. However, the certificate is issued to the owner of the vehicle and does not generate a record nor demerit points.

Perhaps it is a good idea to see a justice of the peace to plead guilty and request time to pay, let's say, 60 days or more if necessary.

Cheers.

Radar Identified

by: Radar Identified on

Just to add...

If it was a ticket originated from a red light camera, there will also be NO insurance increase. Same effect as a parking ticket.

* The above is NOT legal advice. By acting on anything I have said, you assume responsibility for any outcome and consequences. *
http://www.OntarioTicket.com OR http://www.OHTA.ca
Biron

Posting Awards

by: Biron on

Radar Identified wrote:Just to add...

If it was a ticket originated from a red light camera, there will also be NO insurance increase. Same effect as a parking ticket.

Exactly!

Post a Reply