another ticket for fail to stop at red :(

freak
another ticket for fail to stop at red :(

Unread post by freak on

hi,guys. im in the same boat as u guys probably right now. i entered an amber intersection and it turn red when i was in the mid of the intersection(going straight). a fail to stop at red light ticket was received. i had this in london btw.
i'd like to know three things, please.
1. is there any extra charge if i decide to fight the charge at the trial?
2. if im convicted, does this conviction stay forever on my drivers abstract?
3. what are the usual ways to delay/reschedule a trial?
thanks

FyreStorm

Posting Awards

Unread post by FyreStorm on

1-$5 court costs....
2-No, 3 years
3-Go to court, ask for an adjournment...have a reason...on first appearance, tell them you are having difficulty getting representation etc...

freak
Unread post by freak on

thanks,buddy.
how about getting sick for a doctor's notes; asking for a translator (english not being my first language fortunately)?
however, i dont see a first apperance option on the back of my LONDON issued ticket.
FyreStorm wrote:1-$5 court costs....
2-No, 3 years
3-Go to court, ask for an adjournment...have a reason...on first appearance, tell them you are having difficulty getting representation etc...

freak
Unread post by freak on

guys,pls help

Traffic Law

Unread post by Traffic Law on

I am not sure why you are thinking about the ways to change the court date or bring doctors note, etc.....

Based on the scenario you have provided you have a solid defence to the charge and should go to trial. Obtain disclosure, prepare for trial with representative or by yourself and go for it.

Return to “Failing to obey a stop sign, traffic control stop/slow sign, traffic light or railway crossing signal”