Driving slow? Fight your traffic ticket
xolunaxo

by: xolunaxo on

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

< < < [CAR A] <<<<< [CAR B] <<<<<<<[CAR C]

=================================================

HOV HOV HOV HOV HOV HOV HOV HOV HOV HOV HOV HOV HOV HOV HOV

Thanks for addressing this law.

Back to long time ago, I was CAR C driving on 404 S/B near Sheppard exit.

Perfect weather, Traffic condition was well, slightly downhill where I could fore-look the traffic a quite long distance ahead.

I entered 404 S/B from Steeles, drove on the 3rd lane where 1st is HOV, 2nd is express, then 3rd.

Following CAR B for moment, I sensed CAR A got something wrong because it was suspicious to drive slower and slower - while there was no car ahead of CAR A as I saw since it was slightly downhill, behind CAR A and B.

I decided to switch to 2nd lane due to CAR A unreasonable slow down to 80km/h.

My first attempt switching to 2nd lane was failed because there was a car behind passing through (Spotted by side mirror).

The car in 2nd was passing much faster than I drove, in which you could tell CAR A/ CAR B was driving under speed in 3rd lane WHILE the condition permits. (Weather/Traffic Flow)

After the first attempt, I saw CAR B was driving closer to CAR A behind, and I still kept the same distance with CAR B.

My second attempt switching to 2nd lane was failed too because of the same reason (Spotted by side mirror, this time PLUS Blind check).

Just at that moment I turned my head back to the front, both CAR A and B had their brake lights ON in front of my eyes with a shorter distance.

Spotted 77km/h on my dash and put the brake very hard, at that point I was much closer to CAR B and forced to turn the steering to right avoid hitting CAR B.

My car C was rolled to the very right side and landed on the shoulder safely. REALLY LUCKY. Except front of the driver side of my CAR C was crushed.

Police never mentioned anything about who's fault it was and no ticket was written.

As you know, this accident must be reported to insurance companies.

The insurance companies concluded I was at fault after the investigations between them.

Well, no matter what, accident happened in this way, they only look at the guideline set (Driver at the back MUST BE at fault)

Until today, I still suspected CAR A (with 4 family members as passengers) was doing insurance fraud.

CAR B never came to me for anything when I expected.

2 persons from CAR A came to me few times - now asking for 1 million more as settlement - which never expected.

UnluckyDuck

Posting Awards

by: UnluckyDuck on

jimm wrote:
xolunaxo wrote:-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

< < < [CAR A] <<<<< [CAR B] <<<<<<<[CAR C]

HOV HOV HOV HOV HOV HOV HOV HOV HOV HOV HOV HOV HOV HOV HOV

Thanks for addressing this law.

Back to long time ago, I was CAR C driving on 404 S/B near Sheppard exit.

Perfect weather, Traffic condition was well, slightly downhill where I could fore-look the traffic a quite long distance ahead.

I entered 404 S/B from Steeles, drove on the 3rd lane where 1st is HOV, 2nd is express, then 3rd.

Following CAR B for moment, I sensed CAR A got something wrong because it was suspicious to drive slower and slower - while there was no car ahead of CAR A as I saw since it was slightly downhill, behind CAR A and B.

I decided to switch to 2nd lane due to CAR A unreasonable slow down to 80km/h.

My first attempt switching to 2nd lane was failed because there was a car behind passing through (Spotted by side mirror).

The car in 2nd was passing much faster than I drove, in which you could tell CAR A/ CAR B was driving under speed in 3rd lane WHILE the condition permits. (Weather/Traffic Flow)

After the first attempt, I saw CAR B was driving closer to CAR A behind, and I still kept the same distance with CAR B.

My second attempt switching to 2nd lane was failed too because of the same reason (Spotted by side mirror, this time PLUS Blind check).

Just at that moment I turned my head back to the front, both CAR A and B had their brake lights ON in front of my eyes with a shorter distance.

Spotted 77km/h on my dash and put the brake very hard, at that point I was much closer to CAR B and forced to turn the steering to right avoid hitting CAR B.

My car C was rolled to the very right side and landed on the shoulder safely. REALLY LUCKY. Except front of the driver side of my CAR C was crushed.

Police never mentioned anything about who's fault it was and no ticket was written.

As you know, this accident must be reported to insurance companies.

The insurance companies concluded I was at fault after the investigations between them.

Well, no matter what, accident happened in this way, they only look at the guideline set (Driver at the back MUST BE at fault)

Until today, I still suspected CAR A (with 4 family members as passengers) was doing insurance fraud.

CAR B never came to me for anything when I expected.

2 persons from CAR A came to me few times - now asking for 1 million more as settlement - which never expected.

Accidents ain't zero-sum game. The other driver violated the law does not give you any advantage in defense.

This post is 4 years old......

Post a Reply