A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

Squishy

Suspicious Car On The Street

by: Squishy on

I was at my parents' house in Mississauga early this week, and my mother told me about this SUV which always parks down the street for four to six hours a day, headlights on and the occupants inside. When she takes her afternoon walk, she will usually see a man and a woman inside smoking or eating. They have also been littering on the grass next to the car.

Besides the littering (and possible idling), anything to worry about? About four years ago, what I assume was Peel Regional searched one of the neighbour's houses in full gear with two dogs...but otherwise it's a quiet block where the neighbours still greet each other.

If she wanted to have an officer pull up and check out the situation, who would she call? 222-TIPS, or find the nearest Peel detachment? Would she be involved as a witness if charges ended up being laid?

hwybear

Posting Awards

by: hwybear on

It sounds like a "PI" (maybe there is insurance fraud, workers comp fraud thing), but if the vehicle is that noticeable, that does not make sense.

Someone could be "casing" the neighbourhood, watching patterns of people to then go do a B&E.

Call Peel and have a unit slide by to check this vehicle and it's purpose for being there.

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
Squishy

by: Squishy on

I considered the PI angle, but I figured a PI wouldn't leave the headlights on all the time (unless running computer equipment?). It's also a Mercedes SUV, a bit flashy for a "surveillance vehicle".

I think their local Peel office moved a few years ago; I'll find out where they went and have her give them a call. Thanks.

FiReSTaRT

by: FiReSTaRT on

Even if the divisions got restructured and yours got closed down, they should still have an outpost in the area. They come off as being more professional than the TPS, so such a call may even warrant a response.

What kind of a man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
Radar Identified

by: Radar Identified on

If anything, the vehicle's repeated presence, idling, in the same location every day is unusual and if it were up to me, I'd call the Peel Police. Use this number: 905-453-3311 (non-emergency # for Peel).

pinch

by: pinch on

They could be leeching off an open AP. There's no need to keep the engine running to run a computer, but people are dumb.

tdrive2

by: tdrive2 on

It might be Julian Fantino looking for speeders, or street racers.

Maybe looking for those accidental squeals at a stop sign.

he says the tow truck industry needs a stimulus. :lol:

But seriously i would just call Peel and complain about it. It sounds suspicious and if its making your parents uncomfortable they should give Peel a call or just drop by the station and share your concerns, talk to the other neighbors, etc.

Like bear said sounds like they could be planning a B&E you never know.

Post a Reply