A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

marcus.lite

Got A Ticket For Invalid Ownership

by: marcus.lite on

I am 18 and had my car for almost a year now and got first ticket as listed below yesterday

So I have had my for almost a year now and i was pulled over by cop who was curious to why my front license plate was in my window and not bumper, I told the officer I had just painted the bumper and had it in the window for time being.. He was okay with that and then asked for license and ownership etc.. I didn't realize the old ownership prior to me owning the car was the one I handed the officer and then he went back to his car and searched it and said the ownership was still listed under the other person. I got a $110 ticket for having invalid ownership for past year he said and it was written a "Drive motor vehicle with no permit."

I got home and found my ownership of the car that is still valid, should I fight the ticket, pay ticket or go to transportation and prove my ownership?

bobajob

Posting Awards

by: bobajob on

go to early resolution and show them,

usually they will drop it

marcus.lite wrote:I am 18 and had my car for almost a year now and got first ticket as listed below yesterday

So I have had my for almost a year now and i was pulled over by cop who was curious to why my front license plate was in my window and not bumper, I told the officer I had just painted the bumper and had it in the window for time being.. He was okay with that and then asked for license and ownership etc.. I didn't realize the old ownership prior to me owning the car was the one I handed the officer and then he went back to his car and searched it and said the ownership was still listed under the other person. I got a $110 ticket for having invalid ownership for past year he said and it was written a "Drive motor vehicle with no permit."

I got home and found my ownership of the car that is still valid, should I fight the ticket, pay ticket or go to transportation and prove my ownership?

--------------------------------------------------------------
* NO you cant touch your phone
* Speeding is speeding
* Challenge every ticket
* Impaired driving, you should be locked up UNDER the jail
argyll
VIP
VIP

Posting Awards

by: argyll on

Yes, you should be lucky. The correct ticket would have been Fail to Surrender Permit, which you did........the actual ticket is No Valid Permit which is not correct as there was a permit, just not with you.

Former Ontario Police Officer. Advice will become less relevant as the time goes by !
Post a Reply